Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Grand National time again?

Old 01-19-2003, 06:49 PM
Former 757'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous
Default Grand National time again?

Well, since I have a family now... I need something with more than two seats, $6k or less and automatic (for the wife).
That ruled out anything but domestics if I still wanted it to be fast. So, I'm on the hunt for another Grand National.
"FastX7" may just become a long-term (more than 6 months) project now. This is all still in negotiations with myself though. I can't really bring myself to not have the 7 around.
With the motor goin out... I have to decide whether to fix it or to get something else and curb it for a while.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:06 PM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

Don't take this the wrong way but I think you need to stick to one project. I've seen some of my friends do the same thing...jump around from car to car and never make one of them fast.
You've gone what now...FD, GSR, t-type, FC, and now GN? Well whatever you decide to do, good luck.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:28 PM
LTDTEAM.COM

Rockybling can only hope to improve
Default gn

go for the grand national, although its not really the best "family" car. it is a tank though so your kids should be safe in it.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:37 PM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

Originally posted by Heat
Don't take this the wrong way but I think you need to stick to one project. I've seen some of my friends do the same thing...jump around from car to car and never make one of them fast.
You've gone what now...FD, GSR, t-type, FC, and now GN? Well whatever you decide to do, good luck.
The GSR and T-Type were never really "projects". They were daily drivers at the time. That's what this GN is goin to be, my DD. The FC is still going to be my project, it's just whether I keep ONLY that car, or get a GN/T-Type for my DD.
I want to get my FC up and running again... but the motor/turbo combo I want to put in it will severly limited its streetability. That's if I go all out, if I just get a j-spec motor, then it'll be pretty much the same.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:38 PM
Former 757'er

Default Re: gn

Originally posted by Rockybling
go for the grand national, although its not really the best "family" car. it is a tank though so your kids should be safe in it.
That's the ting I have to worry about now. My wife says that we'd be ok with just her car for the kids, but I don't think so.
The GN is a beast and I loved the last one I had for all of 4 days that it lasted.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668

I have an 1988 ford turbo thunderbird for sale 2,500

motor have less than 20,000 on it turbo is fine 15PSI stok just needs paint..
Old 01-20-2003, 03:06 AM
Former 757'er

Originally posted by dbprobe
I have an 1988 ford turbo thunderbird for sale 2,500

motor have less than 20,000 on it turbo is fine 15PSI stok just needs paint..
I'm not a big Ford fan...
Old 01-20-2003, 04:39 PM
Buick turbo tweaker

REDS TTYPE is an unknown quantity at this point

well you found out what can happen with detinaion and boost on a buick ..

If you find another dont kill it you must keep them in tune and no less than 93 octane and they prefer exxon fuel over any other brand around...I have tried them all

boy in richmond got one for sale with desent miles on it but its ttop ...if interested let me know I can link you to his for sale ad later

I done rear seal and timing chain in it not long ago
Old 01-20-2003, 04:44 PM
Buick turbo tweaker

REDS TTYPE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: gn

Originally posted by Rockybling
it is a tank though so your kids should be safe in it.
damn you be hard on buicks..

wanna run a tank ?
Old 01-20-2003, 04:58 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

If you could sell your FD, it could be a nice down payment on a used/new WRX...not sure how lenient you'd be on that 6k limit though.

Quick Reply: Grand National time again?