VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Got pulled over tonight.... (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/got-pulled-over-tonight-70309/)

flow fx 10-15-2004 10:07 AM

Re: Got pulled over tonight....

Originally Posted by FlodaSE-R
What time of the night was the stop? 9 times out of 10 past 11:00PM, "worthless" stops are purely DUI checks.

yup

Ive been pulled over probably 5 times and the only thing the cop does is ask where im going and if ive been drinking. I think one time I was changing cds on an empty road, another time I got confused on what highway onramp to take.. went to one, realized it wasnt it, pulled out of it and did a u turn to get to the other one, cop pulled me over on the onramp :rolleyes:

I forget the others, I think they all happened when I was 16. I swear I used to get pulled over a few times a month for nothing

FlimFlam 10-15-2004 10:15 AM

Sometimes people get all pissy when they get pulled over. I get pulled so often that I truly dont care. And if an officer decides to pull me at 2am because he wants to, thats fine with me. I'd rather him do that to anyone he wants to because he may just get the guy that could hit me later down the road.

Most police officers bring it on themselves, but the level of respect most citizens give them is much less then they deserve. I am very pro-law enforcement if you havent noticed and I have probably one of the highest non-moving violations on this site and a small amount of moving ones too. Whether im being pulled for no front tag in the Saleen or doing 58 in a 45 on a backroad I always say "thank you.".

totaled@100+ 10-15-2004 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Runnin13s
and defective equipment(blow off valve) :D

lol, how is a blow off valve defective equipment?

flow fx 10-15-2004 10:51 AM

I have met very few cops that weren't complete idiots/dickheads when they pulled me over.

ABout a month ago I was pulled over because the cop said I "flew through a left turn recklessly".. haha. I have 3" skinnies on the front of my car, theres no way in hell I'm "flying" through turns.:rolleyes:

I then told him I rarely even push the gas in the car, and I suppose this is something they teach them in Cop SKooL to say, "Ive been doing this for 20 years..." Followed by "You wouldnt have all this stuff (referring to my apillar gauges) if you didnt race everyone around town."

After that I just gave up, he'd already proven he was an idiot cop, telling me about what I do because he's been a cop for XX years.

I was also pulled over in my Firebird driving around with 2 friends before I had even bought (borrowed for a weekend) it trying to get used to driving it in the rain. We pulled into some parking lot, we honestly didnt do anything, we pulled into the parking lot to do a uturn because it was a dead end. Soon as I start driving away I see a car stopped in the middle of the road.. Oh my, guess who. Of course he asks me why we're out there, and how long we'd been out there, we had just came from Walmart where I bought a video game, I even showed him the receipt and told him we were just cruising around town because I had just bought the car.. and who doesnt put 1000 miles on their new car in the first week? Oh, but mistar occifur didn't agree. He goes "Ive been doing this for XX years, dont lie to me boy I'm not stupid." :rolleyes:

Well if we were fucking doing something, whether it be smoking weed, snorting coke, breaking into stores, or drifting across the parking lot, prove it you ignorant fuck. Until then its HARASSMENT.

He of course didn't see, hear, or know anything, so he checked all of our ID's, and the kid in the back that I barely even knew was under 18 and it was probably 11:30 at night so he got into bitch mode again "You get this kid home right now or I'll give you two (me and the other guy who was 19 i think) tickets for contributing to the deliquency of a minor."

LOL What an idiot. If a cop treats me with respect, I treat him with respect.

End rant.

FlimFlam 10-15-2004 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by flo w fx
...rant...

I totally agree, yet with police officers I always try to kill them with kindness.

I get the SAME thing with the "You wouldnt have a cage in your car unless you were racing around town and down the streets." It's hard to talk your way out of a cop with horse blinders on...i feel you.

Dirk Dickbutt 10-15-2004 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by FlodaSE-R
What time of the night was the stop? 9 times out of 10 past 11:00PM, "worthless" stops are purely DUI checks.

It was about 6:30 PM.

FlimFlam 10-15-2004 09:14 PM

Ok, then totally ignore the entire DUI theme I was going on. :D

Dirk Dickbutt 10-16-2004 01:54 PM

yea, but its still fucked up that people have nice cars get pulled over just for the sake of being pulled over. its like nice car racism, man.

Brock Obama 10-16-2004 01:56 PM

where were you at?

Dirk Dickbutt 10-16-2004 02:20 PM

M24 in Lapeer.