VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Got pulled over tonight.... (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/got-pulled-over-tonight-70309/)

Dirk Dickbutt 10-15-2004 01:26 AM

Got pulled over tonight....

OK, I was on my way up to pick up a few sodas at the gas station and all of a sudden WOO WOO WOO lights behind me. I am like WTF did they get me for, as I was doing the speed limit. Cop comes to my window and asks me why I think I got pulled over. I told him that I didnt know, and he got a little irritated. He said that he pulled me over because A.) I am not supposed to have stickers on the side windows and B.) I have a license plate frame.

I am sitting there dumbfounded, and then he looks in my car and asks me what all the lights were for. He pointed to my scanmaster and A/F meter and asked me what it is, what it does, and is it illegal. He then points to my A-pillar mount gauges and asked me the same thing. I explain to him that they tell me the status of my car's systems. He is like OK let me check on that with my partner.

Luckily, his partner knew a little bit about cars and explained the situation. The cop told me to have a nice night, and drove off, not even saying anything further about why he pulled me over. I swear, some people just need professional :help:

BCisme 10-15-2004 01:34 AM

Re: Got pulled over tonight....

he must've mistaken you for a ricer. you do blend in quite nicely.

SolarEclipse 10-15-2004 01:49 AM

because you have a "liscence plate frame" did he actually say that cause if he did thats fucking hillarious

The Barst 10-15-2004 04:16 AM

That cop must have only had a learners permit. They were probably practicing pulling people over. He had to ask the senior occifer what to do next.

PyAri 10-15-2004 08:51 AM

that's hillarious.

vmspionage 10-15-2004 08:59 AM

I got a ticket for a license plate cover before. Cops just look for any excuse :dunno:

Runnin13s 10-15-2004 09:01 AM

thats kinda like what happened with me and my greddy boost contoller and turbo timer ..
after he found out that it wasnt a radar detector or anything illegal he proceeded to give me a ticket for altered suspension,loud exhaust , excessive window tint,no front plate, and defective equipment(blow off valve) :D

MA-HALF-E 10-15-2004 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by vmspionage
I got a ticket for a license plate cover before. Cops just look for any excuse :dunno:

I thought covers were illegal though? I have never heard of anyone being pulled over for a license plate fram before though...haha

vmspionage 10-15-2004 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
I thought covers were illegal though? I have never heard of anyone being pulled over for a license plate fram before though...haha

yea that's new to me. Covers are legal as long as they are 100% clear, mine was like 95% clear with a faint tint.

FlimFlam 10-15-2004 10:03 AM

What time of the night was the stop? 9 times out of 10 past 11:00PM, "worthless" stops are purely DUI checks.