Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Got the Cobra dynoed today finally...

Old 02-19-2008, 05:44 PM
Roooooooosh!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jroush06 will become famous soon enoughjroush06 will become famous soon enough
Default Got the Cobra dynoed today finally...

I bought an 04 cobra recently (will post pics soon). It threw down some decent numbers, but not what I wanted to be exactly. I expected higher but oh well. I had the car dynoed down at Va. Speed, I know some of the guys that work there. I was informed by their guys there that I needed a better tune (im losing about 20-30 hp due to the current tune thats in it from SCT)

Numbers so far : 474rwhp/462rwtq

He also said that I needed a better fuel pump. With a new tune and fuel pump I should be right up at 500rwhp. So I guess I will be dropping a little more coin in the near future to get it where it needs to be.

They also informed me that their dyno is under about 10-15hp, its a dyno jet. Im not sure how much that plays a part in the end results though. Im happy but Im not where I want to be.

Last edited by jroush06; 02-19-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:53 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich
Default Re: Got the Cobra dynoed today finally...

Originally Posted by jroush06
I bought an 04 cobra recently (will post pics soon). It threw down some decent numbers, but not what I wanted to be exactly. I expected higher but oh well. I had the car dynoed down at Va. Speed, I know some of the guys that work there. I was informed by their guys there that I needed a better tune (im losing about 20-30 hp due to the current tune thats in it from SCT)

Numbers so far : 474rwhp/462rwtq

He also said that I needed a better fuel pump. With a new tune and fuel pump I should be right up at 500rwhp. So I guess I will be dropping a little more coin in the near future to get it where it needs to be.

They also informed me that their dyno is under about 10-15hp, its a dyno jet. Im not sure how much that plays a part in the end results though. Im happy but Im not where I want to be.
Nice numbers for a nice looking piggy stang
Old 02-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Roooooooosh!

Originally Posted by DoingOK
Nice numbers for a nice looking piggy stang
Thanks man, its nice to know my corvette fan club supports me!
Old 02-20-2008, 07:15 AM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Post your entire setup please. I'd be curious to see what your combo is for what numbers you're making.

If you are still on stock injectors you are absolutely out of injector at 474rwhp and I'd assume you are going lean at the end of your run...if not everywhere.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Full Retard

tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr

Boost-a-pump, SCT MAF, injectors, and good tune are in your future.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:07 PM
SVT > Z06

Evil SVT is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tie fitr
Yep thats all you need! You don't need to do anything to your fuel pump
Old 02-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Roooooooosh!

Originally Posted by FlimFlam
Post your entire setup please. I'd be curious to see what your combo is for what numbers you're making.

If you are still on stock injectors you are absolutely out of injector at 474rwhp and I'd assume you are going lean at the end of your run...if not everywhere.
My setup as it sits right now is Stag 3 stegi ported, 293 upper pulley, 6lb lower, ported throttle bottle, JLT CAI, SCT tune (not a very good one at all from what I can tell), hi flow cats, off road x-pipe, magnaflow exhaust, heat exchanger, spec 2 clutch, MGW shifter, and thats all I know so far man. Your are absolutely right though, i ran out of fuel on the top end, she was running a little lean. So the boosta pump is in my near future (thanks shane.ha ha) and of course a tune is too. Im not sure what kind of tune yet, but im sure you guys can give me some advice on that. I want to reach 500rwhp here soon. Im sure it still has the stock injectors like you said before.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Originally Posted by FlimFlam

Originally Posted by tie fitr
These two def know what they are talking about when it comes to your kind of stang.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Originally Posted by jroush06
hi flow cats, off road x-pipe
does not compute.

You didn't mention a MAF are you still using your stock one? MAF extender at all?

Your are absolutely right though, i ran out of fuel on the top end, she was running a little lean. So the boosta pump is in my near future (thanks shane.ha ha) and of course a tune is too. Im not sure what kind of tune yet, but im sure you guys can give me some advice on that. I want to reach 500rwhp here soon. Im sure it still has the stock injectors like you said before.
I would say you would be perfectly ok to stick with your SCT tuner, just get it custom tuned by a shop you trust.

Even with a boost-a-pump you will need larger injectors than the stock 39's to safely make 500rwhp. Many might say differently because of what they've read online, but they don't tune these for a living, I do. 500whp is too much for stock injectors. Depending on how high you'd want to go in the future I'd recommend buying 60's.

If you are still on the stock MAF I'd recommend getting a SCT BA2600 MAF as well. That paired with the 60's and a B-A-P will carry you deep into the 500's safely. I will always recommend to all my customers to do their fuel system once and do it right. Much easier/safer to dial back an overkill of a fuel system then try to stretch one that can barely cut it. When they are thinking of saving $300 on injectors I remind them that their long block is $9,000.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Registered Member

btw, if you had an adequate fuel system I'd guess you should be in the 495-505whp range as it sits.

Quick Reply: Got the Cobra dynoed today finally...