Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Good SC300 / 1JZ Forums?

Old 04-09-2008, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid
Default Good SC300 / 1JZ Forums?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm really interested in sc300's and was wondering if you guys could tell me some good forums and sites that have info on them, because I can't seem to find many. Are these cars pretty easy to own and maintain or are they money pits? I'm guessing they're okay because lexus&toyotas are famous for their reliability. But every bunch does have a few bad apples, usually.

I'm interested in going NA-t so any sites dedicated to that will be very helpful. I might buy one tomorrow. It's a 1993 green 5speed with 177,000 miles

Thanks for any help guys.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of
Default Re: Good SC300 / 1JZ Forums?

Clublexus.com or supraforums.com
Old 04-09-2008, 10:29 AM

morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid

Can anyone tell me if the process of turboing a N/A supra is the exact same as turboing an SC300? And SC300's have 2JZ-GE's right? I was wrong in the title.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

Why buy one with such high miles if you wanna do na-t?? Its gonna be in desperate need of a rebuild soon, and with all that money you are spending, you are better off getting a sc300 shell and throwing a fresher supra swap in it.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:30 AM

PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri

Originally Posted by Bee eM Cee
Clublexus.com or supraforums.com
+1
Old 04-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by morbid
Can anyone tell me if the process of turboing a N/A supra is the exact same as turboing an SC300? And SC300's have 2JZ-GE's right? I was wrong in the title.

Yes it is and they both have 2JZ-GE's.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

Originally Posted by WallysDa
Why buy one with such high miles if you wanna do na-t?? Its gonna be in desperate need of a rebuild soon, and with all that money you are spending, you are better off getting a sc300 shell and throwing a fresher supra swap in it.
It might be cheaper to rebuild the NA and then turbo it vice getting a Supra TT swap.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by DC/DC
It might be cheaper to rebuild the NA and then turbo it vice getting a Supra TT swap.
It would be better to do a TT swap if you want big power. If you just want around 400-500 on a N/A motor you can slap a headgasket on and have fun.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

Originally Posted by Bee eM Cee
It would be better to do a TT swap if you want big power. If you just want around 400-500 on a N/A motor you can slap a headgasket on and have fun.
I think that's all I'd want in an SC... LOL
Old 04-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by DC/DC
I think that's all I'd want in an SC... LOL
Fuck that. I'm all about go big or go home.

Quick Reply: Good SC300 / 1JZ Forums?