VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   good coilovers for the cd5 4 door (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/good-coilovers-cd5-4-door-485786/)

nestoryak 08-13-2014 07:33 AM

good coilovers for the cd5 4 door

what is a good coilover set up for my 4 door cd5 accord. running xxr 531 16x8 0offset. want to tuck and possibly get coils with camber plates. heard of bc racing or ksport. looking for it got go low and ride half way decent. from what ive seen function and forum type 2's wont go low enough. money is not an issue just want a good idea what to look into.

Fabrik8 08-13-2014 08:31 AM

Re: good coilovers for the cd5 4 door

If you have a CD5 with XXR wheels, I don't think you really mean that money isn't an issue. I doubt you're going to buy a $3-5k-10k set of quality/higher end coilovers.

BC and KSport are both low budget brands with a decent reputation for the money. There are a ton of other offshore brands just like them for Hondas, so you have lots of selection. Maybe Megan Racing. They all come from the same small handful of factories supposedly.

If you want to go lower than those coilovers can go, we can't help you. You're already going into the "seriously fucked" range of suspension travel if you get anywhere close to how low they can go, so that's all up to you. The decent ride isn't going to happen, you're going to have almost no suspension travel left so you can't use anything but firm springs to keep from bottoming out.

Do some research and see if you can live with the compromises of going that low, otherwise rethink your plan.

JacKal 08-13-2014 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by nestoryak (Post 8308395)
what is a good coilover set up for my 4 door cd5 accord. running xxr 531 16x8 0offset. want to tuck and possibly get coils with camber plates. heard of bc racing or ksport. looking for it got go low and ride half way decent. from what ive seen function and forum type 2's wont go low enough. money is not an issue just want a good idea what to look into.

Before he deletes it

h22cd5 11-11-2014 10:06 AM

I've got the same car as you, I run XXRS on mine as well. I use skunk2 coil sleeves just to get me around. I don't recommend the coil sleeves they have just a little to much bounce for my liking. If money isn't an option I recommend fortune auto 500 series. Great ride comfort, and if you ever feel ballsy you have the suspension t back up some spirited driving. If you want to save a little money and dump your car. Id buy some function forms, or truheart coilovers. Either way your going to sacrifice ride quality by dropping your suspension all the way down.

Rubbabanman617 12-11-2014 07:47 PM

See if they make d2's for the year of your accord. You will not be disappointed ;)