Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

good coilovers for the cd5 4 door

Old 08-13-2014, 07:33 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nestoryak has disabled reputation
Default good coilovers for the cd5 4 door

what is a good coilover set up for my 4 door cd5 accord. running xxr 531 16x8 0offset. want to tuck and possibly get coils with camber plates. heard of bc racing or ksport. looking for it got go low and ride half way decent. from what ive seen function and forum type 2's wont go low enough. money is not an issue just want a good idea what to look into.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:31 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: good coilovers for the cd5 4 door

If you have a CD5 with XXR wheels, I don't think you really mean that money isn't an issue. I doubt you're going to buy a $3-5k-10k set of quality/higher end coilovers.

BC and KSport are both low budget brands with a decent reputation for the money. There are a ton of other offshore brands just like them for Hondas, so you have lots of selection. Maybe Megan Racing. They all come from the same small handful of factories supposedly.

If you want to go lower than those coilovers can go, we can't help you. You're already going into the "seriously fucked" range of suspension travel if you get anywhere close to how low they can go, so that's all up to you. The decent ride isn't going to happen, you're going to have almost no suspension travel left so you can't use anything but firm springs to keep from bottoming out.

Do some research and see if you can live with the compromises of going that low, otherwise rethink your plan.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:36 AM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal

Originally Posted by nestoryak
what is a good coilover set up for my 4 door cd5 accord. running xxr 531 16x8 0offset. want to tuck and possibly get coils with camber plates. heard of bc racing or ksport. looking for it got go low and ride half way decent. from what ive seen function and forum type 2's wont go low enough. money is not an issue just want a good idea what to look into.
Before he deletes it
Old 11-11-2014, 10:06 AM
Registered Member

h22cd5 has disabled reputation

I've got the same car as you, I run XXRS on mine as well. I use skunk2 coil sleeves just to get me around. I don't recommend the coil sleeves they have just a little to much bounce for my liking. If money isn't an option I recommend fortune auto 500 series. Great ride comfort, and if you ever feel ballsy you have the suspension t back up some spirited driving. If you want to save a little money and dump your car. Id buy some function forms, or truheart coilovers. Either way your going to sacrifice ride quality by dropping your suspension all the way down.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Registered member

Rubbabanman617 has disabled reputation

See if they make d2's for the year of your accord. You will not be disappointed