Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Good beginner stick shift?

Old 11-28-2014, 12:37 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: Good beginner stick shift?

You're 21 and don't know how to drive stick?

You're what's wrong with America. Why don't you take off your dick and live life like a bitch
Old 11-28-2014, 02:20 PM
Banned

grinner has disabled reputation

nap time, lord doofus.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:21 PM
inm
Registered member

inm inm inm inm inm inm inm inm inm inm inm

Originally Posted by grinner
they make great lil simulator items and I was not kidding.
itd be good and ya wont have to grind.
that said, an hour on a big parking lot will get ya there. its just a training of the mind...
Yeah, I would love to go out to a big parking lot and try, but no one I know owns a stick I'd be comfortable fucking up. Two closest friends I know with sticks have a 2015 Veloster and a 2013 STi, I wouldn't trust myself in someone's pride and joy like that lol

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
You can't feel the weight and movement in a sim. I played sims for years and still looked like a fool the first time I tried driving standard in a parking lot. It's good for learning the basics of how the process works, but theory and practice are really different. Having a good teacher who can really explain things and remembers how it felt when they first started driving will help a lot.
Yeah, I know the movement and everything would be entirely different. Like I said, I know it will be a huge difference from the sim to real life, but that's why I want to do it.
Originally Posted by Lord Humongous

You're what's wrong with America. Why don't you take off your dick and live life like a bitch
Sorry, I've been too busy being fat, lazy, neglecting hard labor, and whatever else is wrong with America.

In all seriousness, we never owned any manuals when I was growing up. The only "manual" I've ever driven was fourwheeler, and we got rid of that around the time I was like 16.

Last edited by inm; 11-28-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:33 PM
Banned

first car I drove was a 64 impala... 3 on the tree. I was about 11. My grandma had a senior moment. She came into the room, threw me the keys and asked me to run to the store for her. "ok!" and off I went. Didnt grind that much but really I just stayed in second there and back. lol i couldnt have been much more than 4 ft tall.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:05 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

This.

OP, I was driving my mom's manual accord in the Kmart parking lot when I was 15. I insisted on learning manual first and wanted to learn earlier. Basically what I'm saying is you've wasted 5 years of your life. I shutter to think what else you don't know how to do. The good news is if you keep going at this rate you'll be able to change your own oil in another 5 years.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:53 PM
Banned

the better news is you are not a douche like yardjass and lord doofus.
You can learn to drive a stick in 20 minutes.... they'll still be monkey spankers.

go you!
Old 11-28-2014, 05:34 PM
inm
Registered member

inm inm inm inm inm inm inm inm inm inm inm

Originally Posted by Yardjass:8328775

This.

OP, I was driving my mom's manual accord in the Kmart parking lot when I was 15. I insisted on learning manual first and wanted to learn earlier. Basically what I'm saying is you've wasted 5 years of your life. I shutter to think what else you don't know how to do. The good news is if you keep going at this rate you'll be able to change your own oil in another 5 years.
Changed my oil Wednesday after work.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:37 PM
Registered member

Bugeye has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Yardjass
This.

lmfao. ive taught numerous people on my POS accord with 275k on the original clutch...most people can pick it up pretty decent in an afternoon, and get smoother with time
Old 11-28-2014, 08:06 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

You can learn to drive a stick in 20 minutes.... they'll still be monkey spankers.
Man oh MAN do I ever love this guy. Don't you all just LOVE this fuckin guy? He's a real asset and this community just wouldn't be the same without him, or would it? Let's hope we neeeeeever have to find out.
Old 11-29-2014, 01:45 PM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

go you!

King TUT version 2!!!

Quick Reply: Good beginner stick shift?