VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Good auto cross/daily driver car? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/good-auto-cross-daily-driver-car-416267/)

Sun Wukong 10-16-2011 02:57 PM

Re: Good auto cross/daily driver car?

Originally Posted by buugiewuugie (Post 7415005)
LOL. I said I want to daily drive it, not daily fix it.

I dd'd mine until I decided to restore the complete suspension, brakes, rearend, bushings, 5lug swap, etc. Now I'm building a crazy motor setup that most people never even tried before :)
If you find yourself a clean example you'll be okay, they are generally better taken care of than DSM's because the owners are usually older white or asian males lol

Here is a good example lol, if it isnt sold before I get back I'll be buying it.
http://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/...page=0&fpart=1

POS DSM 10-16-2011 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by buugiewuugie (Post 7415147)
I'm seeing a few for under $8K with less than 100k miles. On the other hand about half of all the listings have some ugly body kit or shitty paint job. Most likely owned by someone who beat the car to hell and back.

Which was one of my favorite things about the Focus SVT. Most of them seemed to be taken care of and owned by the older crowd.

I need to drive an SE-R.

:eek:

Spend 5 minutes on the focus forums and try not to want to blow your brains out lol...

It's like all the vadriven rejects except over there it's cool to act like a retard

Z33_Taxi 10-16-2011 03:02 PM

out of those choices RSX

but +1 on the RS impreza...Shit even a Legacy GT; I want one of those bad

buugiewuugie 10-16-2011 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sun Wukong (Post 7415149)
I dd'd mine until I decided to restore the complete suspension, brakes, rearend, bushings, 5lug swap, etc. Now I'm building a crazy motor setup that most people never even tried before :)
If you find yourself a clean example you'll be okay, they are generally better taken care of than DSM's because the owners are usually older white or asian males lol

Here is a good example lol, if it isnt sold before I get back I'll be buying it.
http://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/...page=0&fpart=1

Trust me, since I owned my 92 Laser AWD I have wanted a VR4 Galant. But the wife would kill me if I bought another DSM. I'd kill myself if I opened that can of worms again :). I'll own another one day. When I can afford a project car.

Originally Posted by POS DSM (Post 7415154)
:eek:

Spend 5 minutes on the focus forums and try not to want to blow your brains out lol...

It's like all the vadriven rejects except over there it's cool to act like a retard

Hmm, I was getting my info from the few ads I have seen listed on craigslist and who I have seen driving them in the area. I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip. Definitely do not want a car with shitty community support.

SpeedOften 10-16-2011 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by buugiewuugie (Post 7414528)
-Ford Focus SVT

I autocrossed my old SVTF in ST class last season (2010) and did pretty well. They don't have a whole lot of power n/a, mine only had 153 (sae) at the wheels with an intake, exhaust and a cookie cutter tune so you have to drive it as a momentum car and she did fine especially with some good tires under her. The mcpherson strut isn't the greatest up front but the rear is a semi-active multi-link. When you dive into a corner the body starts to roll and the inside rear suspension starts to expand it shortens the wheelbase and as the outside rear suspension contracts in lengthens the wheelbase on the outside. The car will rotate beautifully if you're pushing hard enough. She was a lot of fun to drive and you can get 30+mpg on the highway easily. There's a ton of room in the hatch area as well with the seats laid flat.

You should be able to find an unmolested ZX5 SVT for $8k or less...

As for aftermarket community support. It's not like having a Honda but it's decent. Focus Werks is the largest aftermarket manufacturer for the Focus: http://www.fswerks.com/

Sun Wukong 10-16-2011 03:29 PM

DSM's were built in America and GVR4's were built in Japan (so not a DSM), you wont find a DSM plate on the car. There's your wifey technicallity, I had to do it too since we just had our first child last year lol.

But, I do agree with a bugeye or maybe a 5speed 3 series.

jarrett2k 10-16-2011 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by buugiewuugie (Post 7415147)
I'm seeing a few for under $8K with less than 100k miles. On the other hand about half of all the listings have some ugly body kit or shitty paint job. Most likely owned by someone who beat the car to hell and back.

Which was one of my favorite things about the Focus SVT. Most of them seemed to be taken care of and owned by the older crowd.

I need to drive an SE-R.

I've never seen one over 8k, lol. Get on b15sentra.com and look around, MOST of the people on there know how to care for them.

sevendurt 10-16-2011 04:13 PM

S2000 you can find one to close to that, a little more hp for your money than the money, six speed and 50/50 weight distribution. it also has one of the best stock suspensions for occasional track use.

I<3Strippers! 10-16-2011 04:20 PM

MIATA OR YOUR A GOD DAMN QUEER

seriously, wont touch one for the money, they are the reason mazda is the most tracked vehicle each weekend.

then a s14, s200, or brosx

buugiewuugie 10-16-2011 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by jarrett2k (Post 7415287)
I've never seen one over 8k, lol. Get on b15sentra.com and look around, MOST of the people on there know how to care for them.

I just spent 30 minutes going through that forum. Almost every car in there has had a transmission rebuilt, engine replaced, engine blown but not replaced, accident, etc.