Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

God Speed Project turbo kits

Old 12-19-2007, 06:54 PM
RagPhoto.net

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough99CIVICFTW will become famous soon enough
Default God Speed Project turbo kits

i was reading project car and they were putting one of these into a miata. i noticed how cheap it was and i thought it must be good because a magazine like this wouldn't use shitty stuff i would think. does anyone have any experience with these turbos/kits? or know anything about the quality of them? thanks.

http://www.godspeedproject.com/store...roducts_id=160
Old 12-19-2007, 10:26 PM
Sav
seriously...

Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav Sav
Default Re: God Speed Project turbo kits

its a good magazine, just picked up the new issue today, in one of their previous issues they also used a ebay turbo kit i believe for the integra and they got good results as well...
Old 12-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Friendly Jackboot

sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80

i'm sure shit will work but i doubt it won't last...some things you can skimp on...a fucking turbo kit isnt one of em' imo
Old 12-28-2007, 06:33 AM
(757)236-6935

jazzcornet is an unknown quantity at this point

+1

there are far too many moving parts in a turbo. the R&D associated with developing a turbo is so great and precision in producing a turbo must be so dead on. the chinese can read prints and assemble but not with the same precision as the researchers who invented their specific models of turbos

never skimp when it comes to things with moving parts
Old 12-28-2007, 08:42 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by jazzcornet
+1

there are far too many moving parts in a turbo. the R&D associated with developing a turbo is so great and precision in producing a turbo must be so dead on. the chinese can read prints and assemble but not with the same precision as the researchers who invented their specific models of turbos

never skimp when it comes to things with moving parts
What are you talking about?
There is one moving part, and a few bearings or bushings. Well, maybe a wastegate too depending on the turbo, so 3 or 4 moving parts plus bushings/bearings which don't count.

Even the two major types of variable geometry turbos have few moving parts, and those are just sets of the same part (vane arrays and that type of thing)..

And FYI, the Chinese are more than capable of the same precision that we are, but Chinese companies are often in the business of making things for less money, which sometimes means lower quality in order to do that. They have the same machine tools that everyone else in the world does, and the same manufacturing processes. They often specialize in manufacturing, not design though, which is why they're incredibly talented at reverse engineering everything but not making original products. These are all generalizations though, there are some very good Chinese engineering companies also, they don't aren't in the same markets as the reverse-engineering-for-profit manufacturing companies.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 12-28-2007 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:44 AM
Standartenführer

euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
What are you talking about?
There is one moving part, and a few bearings or bushings. Well, maybe a wastegate too depending on the turbo, so 3 or 4 moving parts plus bushings/bearings which don't count.
Guessing he meant too many moving parts that depend on what the turbo will do... but I dont know either