Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Ghetto Rigging.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:55 AM
Toyota owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVOEatr has disabled reputation
Default Re: Ghetto Rigging.

not that high, but my boost pressures reach it on occasion. But no, the fuel line was much more ghetto... my hat is off.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:41 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

i was working on yanking my transmission out at like 2:00am one time and needed about 4 feet of 3/4" extension... well i didnt have it. advance or any nearby tool store was obviously closed, so in my sleepless state i made four feet of extension using swivels, 1/4", 1/2", 3/4" adapters then finally a 3/4" to 1/2" adapter on the impact wrench which was connected to a 1/2" swivel. this was the last bolt connecting the transmission to the bell housing and i later found out it was insanely tight.

needless to say when i pulled the trigger on the impact gun the homemade extension shot apart and with the trigger still squeezed the swivel decided to beat the shit out of my arm which then caused me to quickly sit up and smash my head on the car's under carriage.

moral of the story: don't work on your car if you are drunk or haven't gone to sleep that night.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:11 AM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

Originally Posted by reuter
i was working on yanking my transmission out at like 2:00am one time and needed about 4 feet of 3/4" extension... well i didnt have it. advance or any nearby tool store was obviously closed, so in my sleepless state i made four feet of extension using swivels, 1/4", 1/2", 3/4" adapters then finally a 3/4" to 1/2" adapter on the impact wrench which was connected to a 1/2" swivel. this was the last bolt connecting the transmission to the bell housing and i later found out it was insanely tight.

needless to say when i pulled the trigger on the impact gun the homemade extension shot apart and with the trigger still squeezed the swivel decided to beat the shit out of my arm which then caused me to quickly sit up and smash my head on the car's under carriage.

moral of the story: don't work on your car if you are drunk or haven't gone to sleep that night.

lmao not to mention swivels and extensions basicly take all the punch out of the impact. You were doomed from the start
Old 11-19-2005, 03:08 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

my seats, wrong brackets, are held in by one bolt...and instead of buying some washers, i found a toliet repair kit with some rubber toilet bushing things and used that...it worked
Old 11-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Thig Digged

ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq

My intake is made of PVC. GTPs dont exactly have an aftermarket like a civic..so intakes are expensive
Old 11-19-2005, 05:10 PM
SuperNeon

koreandragn is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's see...I have a air compressor filter+container for an oil catch can. I have many many vac lines zip tied out of the way so my turbo's oil line/waste gate dump tube don't damage them. My oil cooler air duct came off 1 of the 2 rivets, so I zip tied that back up. My exhaust manifold is bolted on w/ whatever random studs/nuts I could find because I lost the bolts/studs/nuts. 1 of the screws that goes into my turbo's heat shield has like 8 washers on it...the list goes on an on. Runs great though
Old 11-20-2005, 04:19 PM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

okay all of ya'lls stories are good..

Here's mine

I was driving my car one day and i heard kind of a grinding noise..sounded like the cam shaft was grinding up on the head. so i took it home and pulled the valve cover off...couldnt see anything except little metal slices so i took the head off..my friend was helping me with it too...he took off my head and we inspected everything and then he broke the camshaft bearing cap...i called EVERYWHERE for one..honda dealership said i couldnt get one by its self..had to get whole head..well lucky me..friend was selling a y8 head for 60 bucks..i got it...and of course..my D16y8 swap in my crx is ran off OBD0...instead of obd2? and i was using the 91 si distributor...this head seemed different...the distributor wouldnt mount up right with out timing being WAY RETARDED!..so i got some vice grips found the right timing spot..and clamped the distributor to the mounting bracket...it worked for a while..then i went to go pop the clutch and my distributor came off..it kept coming off so i then finnaly just "knotched out" my dizzy and its worked fine ever since
Old 11-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Thig Digged

ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq

Originally Posted by 88 Si Y8 Crix
okay all of ya'lls stories are good..

Here's mine

I was driving my car one day and i heard kind of a grinding noise..sounded like the cam shaft was grinding up on the head. so i took it home and pulled the valve cover off...couldnt see anything except little metal slices so i took the head off..my friend was helping me with it too...he took off my head and we inspected everything and then he broke the camshaft bearing cap...i called EVERYWHERE for one..honda dealership said i couldnt get one by its self..had to get whole head..well lucky me..friend was selling a y8 head for 60 bucks..i got it...and of course..my D16y8 swap in my crx is ran off OBD0...instead of obd2? and i was using the 91 si distributor...this head seemed different...the distributor wouldnt mount up right with out timing being WAY RETARDED!..so i got some vice grips found the right timing spot..and clamped the distributor to the mounting bracket...it worked for a while..then i went to go pop the clutch and my distributor came off..it kept coming off so i then finnaly just "knotched out" my dizzy and its worked fine ever since
I didnt even have to read all that, I just looked at your SN and sig.