Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

gator grip socket?

Old 02-24-2008, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of
Default gator grip socket?

my friend lost his work wheel lug nut key. looking at my options out there, i can either a) call my friend at merchants tire, b) try the gator grip socket, or c) see if any vendors and/or work can get me another key.

you think gator grip works? key looks like this
Old 02-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default Re: gator grip socket?

I'd be skeptical.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

any chance you can hammer a deep well socket on there and remove it like that?
Old 02-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

would you even be able to get the gator grip to fit around it and have clearance? those fuckers are wide.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:59 PM

Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kurazy Kracka
any chance you can hammer a deep well socket on there and remove it like that?
i've heard about that but that means id mess it up

Originally Posted by soulDistortion
would you even be able to get the gator grip to fit around it and have clearance? those fuckers are wide.
ill have to hit up walmart or whatever and see it in person i suppose.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:57 AM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

LOL Alan I bought a Gator Grip and it def broke about 2 days after use of nothing too critical or average use.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:17 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

gator grip is either crap or good. i had one broke real quick and one thats lasted. but they dont get everything off
Old 02-25-2008, 06:22 AM
Banned

Kyon Kyon Kyon

i have one and have never used it. doesnt seem wide enough to get around a lug though
Old 02-25-2008, 09:06 PM
enjoyable antagonist

HeavyChevy HeavyChevy HeavyChevy HeavyChevy HeavyChevy HeavyChevy HeavyChevy HeavyChevy HeavyChevy HeavyChevy HeavyChevy

I used a GG to remove some rusty Ford Exhaust manifold bolts off a ranger and it held like a champ. I know that doesn't answer your width question, but that should help out with any torque concerns. Those bolts are notorious for getting stuck and rounded off.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Roc2jzEzNw

stocksi stocksi stocksi stocksi stocksi stocksi stocksi stocksi stocksi

I have a gator grip that was a maximum of 19mm & I've use it to remove some advance auto parts style tuner lugs off of a shell I bought and it worked excellent!...in ur case for the price I'd give it a try

Quick Reply: gator grip socket?