Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Garage Car painters

Old 04-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Danny@respecgarage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE
Default Garage Car painters

Just picked up a 240sx convertible and I would like to paint it myself. I have no prior experience painting a car with a Gravity feed spray gun. Can you guys give me some pointers or tips you have used to paint a car. I have an extra shell I could practise on prepping, sanding, and painting.

I would like to paint it white. Nothing show room quality...just a 10/10 paint job. 10 miles an hour at 10 feet. Thats the rule.

I have prep sanded a car before, but never got to spray it. Hopefully I will find what I need.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Tattoo man

93civicgone has disabled reputation
Default Re: Garage Car painters

seems like you have the material to practice. use the side door or the hood of the shell to get used to the gun. just move your arm before you spray the gun and release it before you stop the stroke, youll get it its not to hard for a decent job. the 10/10 rule will get it done but get some practice the more you spray it thinner like that youll get dust in the spray really easy and it will get the paint gritty. So id say spray it one good time or two semi fast times, then light sand, spray again, check it for dirt and trash. then spray your clear 2xs, and check that possible sand lightly, spray again........take pics before and after
Old 04-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

sure will. Sound advise. Anymore

This will be a single stage shoot. If anyone else cares.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:24 PM
face is vanilla

Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face

you should do that $50 roller job
Old 04-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Danny@respecgarage

I already have the gun and I want to do the best job possible. Rolling paint on a car will probably look good, but not my cup of tea. Plus I would like to learn how to use this thing.