Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

fraud or not??

Old 12-05-2005, 01:40 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
streetsk8er757 has disabled reputation
Default fraud or not??

I have found a car and the price seems to good to be true. This is for a 93 supra blacktwin turbo with 105,000 miles. I dont know if it is legit or not. Here is an e-mail that I received from the seller.

Hello again,

The car is located in Stockton, NJ but don't worry because the car can be shipped to your location without any extra costs for the shipping because there are included in the final price. I recently moved with my family and now we are in Berlin, Ger. Since I lost my job and I didn't found one here yet,I have to sell this car as soon as possible and due to the fact that this car is an US model the price to register it here is very high,also the shipping to this place, so I've decided to sell it in US at a price that will find a buyer in a few days .

I have the car locked up in my garage in US.As I've said the car is in perfect mechanical and esthetical condition.The price that I'm looking for it is 5990 USD ( this price include shipping and handling ) .As soon as the payment will be made I will take a plane to US and take care of things.

For safety reasons I think that the most important thing when we make a deal over the internet,is to have both of us 100% protection in case of fraud or anything else.That's the reason why I used a big,reputable and trustable company,Square Trade,in all my deals until now.

I am a Square Trade member and I want to make the deal thru them.They will act like a THIRD PARTY and we will be both 100% protected.The money will be HELD by them into their secure escrow account and I will give you a few days to test the car and to see that nothing is wrong with it.I made few deals on AutoTrader, eBay and Yahoo in this way and it worked very well.

Here are the steps of the deal :

1.The Seller will open the transaction --> 2.The buyer has to make the payment to Square Trade Financial Department and they will deposit the money into their escrow account --> 3.The Seller will receive the confirmation that the payment is done --> 4.The seller will ship the item to the buyer and he has 5 days to test check it -->5.The buyer will contact Square Trade to tell them if he is satisfied or not --> 6.Square Trade will release the money to the seller(in case the buyer is satisfied) and to the buyer(in case that he is not satisfied).

In case you have any question about how this service work,please ask me and I will be more than happy to give you all the details.So,please wrote this email twice and let me know.I hope you agree with me,because I think that it is the best way to protect both(seller and buyer).

If so,please provide me your full name and shipping address so i can contact Square Trade and start the transaction.

Just email me back and let me know

__________________________________________________ ______

What do you guys think. (second e-mail from him)
Old 12-05-2005, 01:41 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion
Default Re: fraud or not??

scam. seriously, common sense man.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:42 PM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS

english as a second language.

scam.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

Fraud imo. Buy local don't do long term.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Sq...t%22&hl=en&lr=

look familiar?
http://forums.superstreetonline.com/...=1072&Main=988
Old 12-05-2005, 01:48 PM
-HUFF-

non-vtecpower has disabled reputation

Its almost 2006 and people can still get away with shit like this over the internet?? I would never buy a used car that I havent seen in person first.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:49 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

s
c
a
m
Old 12-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

streetsk8er757 has disabled reputation

yea too familiar... thanks for the quick response everyone....I will look for something local
Old 12-05-2005, 01:50 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by non-vtecpower
Its almost 2006 and people can still get away with shit like this over the internet?? I would never buy a used car that I havent seen in person first.
supposedly it's a great way to get rich quick with little to no effort.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:53 PM
-HUFF-

non-vtecpower has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
supposedly it's a great way to get rich quick with little to no effort.

And zero consequences?? There is no way of finding out where the person is thru the e-mail that is sent??

Quick Reply: fraud or not??