Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Ford XR4TI

Old 02-12-2003, 04:48 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

I was talking to the other people when i said Ford didnt have blue ovals on the car stock. If he had a Cossie grill (like me) then yes, it would have the blue ovals on the front. Otherwise, it would have a solid grill and a MERKUR badge on it.

There are hundreds of tuners that mess around with 2.3T stuff. They are quite cheap. The big ones are www.rapidogroup.com www.batinc.com www.opmd.com. If you just wana browse a whole bunch of XR sites go to www.merkurdesktop.com. If you cant find all the info you want there, then i dont know if i can help you...lol. Good luck, lemme know if you get one.

-Kevin
Old 02-12-2003, 04:51 PM
Smart Dumb cats

SHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by litle****
Man, all these racist comments hurt... I wish I was as cool as you guys and joke me because Im 1/4 mexican... you'll are joking right? youve never seen or heard of the car yet you are goin to come on here and try to talk trash??? this was the one thread I actually thought wasnt just a pissing match.. people were making some good points and what not.. and not just.. my honda has a wing.. yeah well my dad's wing is bigger than your dads wing...

I dont get the book comment? are mexicans saposed to be good at writting books???

floda.. can you get to turbo ford? it gots to a error page for me.. and I need my dosage..
racists comments???????
Old 02-12-2003, 04:52 PM
ultraspeed

amuze has disabled reputation

SHUT UP!
Old 02-12-2003, 04:52 PM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

the bottom end comes "built" guys run over 700 hp on this bottom end.. the rods can be considered weak.. they are cast and so is the crank.. but the crank has never been seen to fail unless something else put too much un needed stress on it...

I dont know if this is the same guy.. he should be running as much boost as the t3/t04e 50 can push.. he has a hard core intercooler and probably has injectors and a pump to back it up.. like I said... the c3 is a big pile of donkey poo... its 3rd gear is a 1.0 and he has a 3.3 rear end where as a 5 speed has a .8 5th and a 3.6 rear.. the car shouldnt be all that blazing over 100mph.. just because of the gears... but all in all the car is clean and quick... it would be such a bad ass if he would throw a v8 t-5 in there.. pretty much any parts you want you have to make or have to search and search and when you find the part it is usually a guy that makes the part on the side... Bob Lee is a famous guy on the board.. intakes and headers go to him.. turbos are easy to find.. head's... good luck.. there are different casting's to use but all flow the same after a good port job.. and then they have the Esslinger NASH and the ARCA heads which are aluminum and bad to the bone.. intercoolers are just junkyard finds.. starion, NPR, volvo, powerstroke are all common for us... we dont like to spend money.. we arnt flashy we just get what goes fast and what makes sense... we dont spend the time putting ground effects and wings and big 20" wheels on the car... so thats why turbofords are cheap...
Old 02-13-2003, 09:58 AM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

very true most cars that are fast arent the best looking things...also u know how many poepl fuck there weight ditrubiton up when they swap motor in there...
Old 02-13-2003, 10:30 AM
Banned

gopedracer is an unknown quantity at this point

Ebonomo is my friends dad, he is running like 18-22 psi of boost and he doesnt have a BIG TACH, he has a shift light and a dual gauge pod pillar. its automatic, darkish blue and his new lisence plate says DBONOMO, and he doesnt have a front mount he has a bottom mount which faces towards the ground..... any other questions about his car post them i will answer them btw his older son goes out in a mx6 with nos...
Old 02-13-2003, 12:25 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally posted by litle****
A better platform??? blehblehblehblahblehblahblahblehblahblahblah....
ok, great. you've just revealed your ignorance. dude, eventually you're going to realize that EVERYONE has a certain sales pitch they have subliminally prepared in defense to anyone bashing on their car. ask the next 17 year old know-it-all why he picked his car and he'll go into a 30 minute long spiel telling you how it's the greatest car in the world, and how this guy and that guy are running these ungodly numbers and yada yada yada... my point is that no one really cares how many other people have done such and such with your car. or why it's so great. you're just going to have to learn to be comfortable with the decision you made with your car, and the only true way to prove yourself is on the track.

for example. i could give a fuck less to everything you just rambled about. all i know is that i work in a lincoln-mercury dealership, and every one of these cars that have come through are busted ass pieces of shit not worth the time or sheet metal it took to stamp the vin. and i don't know exactly what 'ebonomo' has or runs or whatever, but every time he gets on it all i see is a big poof of black smoke and the car goes nowhere, and every time i've seen him run he's got walked. other than that i have no further experience with these cars, nor do i care to learn about them. if it's such a big deal for you to educate me then please, find me at the track, and show me your 16 second timeslip. i will then show you my 15 second timeslip, and we can go about our merry ways, neither of us giving a fuck about it.

if you seek to impress me, then you're going to have to pull off more than a page long post telling me why i'm such a dumbass for not knowing about some abstract, 20 year old car that you may see on the road modified maybe once every 6 years or so. i mean, there can't be more than 20 or so of these cars left in the world, let alone ones that are fast enough to keep up with a stock 95 240sx.

lighten up dude.

Old 02-13-2003, 01:33 PM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

What track do you go to??? and yes most of the merkurs left are either pieces of shit or works of art.. isnt that hos most old rare cars go?? I dont think that I need to lighten up about anything.. your the one taht came in here bashing on our "platform" when you know nothing about it.. we were just trying to defend our car.. and yes it might not mean anything to you but I bet a couple people would be suprised to see what this car has accomplished.. I dont ever see any thing on 240sxforums about a top speed record or trans am series championship.. get your head out of your ass.. 240's are good cars but they arnt rocket ships.. "I think you could have picked a lot better platform" your self jerko ... Ive already asked the guys on the forum about stock times and what I should be looking at.. a guy with an sr20 in his 92 240 rode with me and said my car "felt" fast so we went at it and he didnt pull on me until about 120.. sounds kinda sad that my STOCK merkur hung with the mr sr20 bad to the bone spent 3 grand on the engine alone and another 2 grand on the car ... I wont show you a 16 time slip either.. I havnt raced the guy in the stock 95 in a while and since then I took the 60k mile old AC DELCO ignition out of the car.. replaced a blown pcv valve which let the boost go up to 15psi some how...

its amazing to see peoples ignorance.. dont go bashing on my platform when yours isnt any better and congradualtions on working at lincoln mercury, you joined the other 3 car illeterate people I knwo working there... but working there is truley and acomplishment.. its like your bill gates
Old 02-13-2003, 03:07 PM

Fastiva is an unknown quantity at this point

us mexican's normally follow that up with a nice authoritive

"... bitch", and i'm sure he's sorry for forgetting that

and if you care to talk platforms, my festiva will stomp your 240 up to 60, and you can say that you'll pass it in the quarter, or it has a higher top speed, but it's a festiva.. bitch
Old 02-13-2003, 04:39 PM
Doin' (today) stuff

DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS

I think the Xr4 is in the same class of cars as the Omni GLH. Either you know what you've got or you can't figure out what the large cast iron snail in your engine compartment is. I can see that everyone seems to be worried about the curb weight. it's about 200 lbs heavier than a civic. and it's 4 door. That just about evens it up. and wait, you can up the boost? oh hold on thoes stock figures don't matter any more do they? like some other gems of ford (cough cough) the transmission is weak. Get a built tranny. get some turbo parts off a volvo, go run some 12's and use the money you saved in the process on some beers so you can sti back and laugh at eveyone who talks shit. everyone has something bad to say about every platform. so deal with it. 240's can be really fast. so can a merkur. yes they undoubtedly have a better aftermarket. something tells me the kind of guy who mods a merkur isn't exactyl worried about that sort of thing.

just my .02

Quick Reply: Ford XR4TI