Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Ford truck guys... school me on bed extenders, need to buy one for my father's truck.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:54 AM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Ford truck guys... school me on bed extenders, need to buy one for my father's truck.

My father has a 2006 Supercrew Lariat... my mother and I want to get him a bed extender for Christmas as he's been grumbling about wanting one. Should I buy an OEM Ford one to ensure fit/quality, or are there any top-notch aftermarket brands out there?

Will one from a 2003 and earlier truck work? Found a few for sale, but nothing for 2004+ yet.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 11-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Registered Member

bonestock94 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Ford truck guys... school me on bed extenders, need to buy one for my father's tr

I'm pretty sure an 03 and previous won't work, stick to your generation.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Registered Member

nate95sir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ford truck guys... school me on bed extenders, need to buy one for my father's tr

04 and up will work. Amp research is who makes them and sells them through a company called bestop now. They have a part number specific for the 04+ F150 which come with brackets to use the factory holes at the back of the bed. Give me a call i can get you one through my work. I work at Crutchman Truck Caps in Newport News 872-8200.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:32 AM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Originally Posted by nate95sir
04 and up will work. Amp research is who makes them and sells them through a company called bestop now. They have a part number specific for the 04+ F150 which come with brackets to use the factory holes at the back of the bed. Give me a call i can get you one through my work. I work at Crutchman Truck Caps in Newport News 872-8200.
Sweet............can you get me a 2006 Tacoma bed cover like a Snugtop? Painted to match Speedway Blue?
Old 11-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Registered Member

Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack Zack

Westin also makes a decent bed extender. Been a while since i was working at eastern so i dont know what the latest and greatest is. Factory ones you might be paying alot of cash for.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by nate95sir
Cool... I'll call you Monday.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:09 PM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

I understand if he wants one, but why does he need one?

I never understood what they could possibly ever be used for, just seem like a waste to me.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:22 AM
Fanboi

^ I dunno... I guess because the Ford supercrew has a very short bed and he wants to put a bedbox it it to hold tools when we go to VIR. So the bex entender would open up the space the bed box takes.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

When the tailgate is up you can use it to kind of hold stuff from moving around in the bed. When it's down it makes it so you can haul stuff larger than 5.5 ft which is the bed size.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:51 PM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

I use mine all the time. My tool box takes up a lot of space so having it helps get the room back that I lost. Easy to take on and off. Plus it helps when you need to tie something down you have extra places to put the tie down straps. If the dude can't help you at his shop, let me know. I know a guy that sells stuff here in Richmond, and I am down in the 757 quite a bit. I'll try to get his number and PM you tonight.

Quick Reply: Ford truck guys... school me on bed extenders, need to buy one for my father's truck.