Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Ford Plant Closing...

Old 04-13-2006, 10:19 AM
He's like the wind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC
Default Re: Ford Plant Closing...

Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's get back to the important part.

They interupted Plingo? Those bastards!
Old 04-13-2006, 10:32 AM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hahahaha^^
Old 04-13-2006, 10:50 AM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Cliffhangers > Plinko

Originally Posted by Royalty
Oh and dave I think I saw your car last week. Only one car in HR with green steelies
I would hope so.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:43 PM
OG from 2000

SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94

They shouldnt interupt The Price Is Right for anything.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

Doubt it would happen, but now you mention Ford is the most expensive trucks, although best selling.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:11 PM
I'm bigger than you!

Chucktastic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dave22
Good. Another nail in the coffin.

It sucks that people are losing their jobs, but they'll be better off working for someone else anyway.
Great point of view there buddy. 1 this effected 2400+ employees at the ford plant this also effect 500+ employees the the Johnson Control Plant in Chesapeake (builds seats for F150) So you have 3000+ out of work people that at this point have no choice but to pack up and move to another community that has a Auto plant or try to find another job locally making $20-$26 an hr or more. Not going to happen.

Reason your comment upsets me.....BOTH my dad and (oldest) little brother work for Johnson Controls. Brother can find another job (just bought a new house 3 yrs ago) but dad is 64yrs old...and walmart greaters dont pay that well.

Im sure everyone on this site knows/knows of/ of has known someone on that worked for Ford directly or indirectly.

Little respect would be nice....

Old 04-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

The headline from the first link in the thread, a link that was posted prior to your post, states:

"Ford shuttering plants as part of restructuring
Automaker confirms Norfolk, Va., and St. Paul, Minn., plants will be close."

Now, I do believe MSNBC has better sources than you, but why do you "doubt it will happen?"
Old 04-13-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm bigger than you!

I didnt hear till about 2 hrs ago as Ive been at work, but called my mom who had already heard and they are not sure what they are going to do at this point. I told her alot can change in 2yrs but then again when a company says its going to close a plant it normally means its going to close the plant....

They can always pack up and move to AL and work for Hyundai. Dont think my mom would go for that...lol
Old 04-13-2006, 04:46 PM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by SHODADDY
Great point of view there buddy. 1 this effected 2400+ employees at the ford plant this also effect 500+ employees the the Johnson Control Plant in Chesapeake (builds seats for F150) So you have 3000+ out of work people that at this point have no choice but to pack up and move to another community that has a Auto plant or try to find another job locally making $20-$26 an hr or more. Not going to happen.

Reason your comment upsets me.....BOTH my dad and (oldest) little brother work for Johnson Controls. Brother can find another job (just bought a new house 3 yrs ago) but dad is 64yrs old...and walmart greaters dont pay that well.

Im sure everyone on this site knows/knows of/ of has known someone on that worked for Ford directly or indirectly.

Little respect would be nice....
Sorry to hear about your dad and bro. Are they in the union? Cause that's who they can blame for losing their job.

Honestly, do you really think their job warranted $20-$26 an hour? To make car seats? Come on now. That's why the plant closed. The unions are good for some things, but thanks to UAW, GM and Ford are crap now. We can't make vehicles to compete with the foreign market. This is just the tip of the iceberg too. GM or Ford will go bankrupt if they don't reverese some trends soon. GM is almost there. Look at what happened with Delphi.

Once again, sorry they lost their job. but they were overpaid to start with. I bet if someone offered them the following, they would have taken it:

"Well let's see. Due to rising costs we can either A. Close the plant and you lose your job or B. Take a $5-$10/hr. pay cut and keep your jobs."

What do you think they would do?
Old 04-13-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm bigger than you!

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
Sorry to hear about your dad and bro. Are they in the union? Cause that's who they can blame for losing their job.

Honestly, do you really think their job warranted $20-$26 an hour?

"Well let's see. Due to rising costs we can either A. Close the plant and you lose your job or B. Take a $5-$10/hr. pay cut and keep your jobs."

What do you think they would do?
(sorry cropped the extra stuff)

I know of people at 'ford' making more then that. But no my dad and brother dont make that much.

You your FUCKING RIGHT! They would have taken a pay cut to keep the plant open. Hell for at least the past 6 months Ford has been working only 8hrs a day per shift which causes everyone else to more or less work 8hrs a shift. So family went from 60+ hrs a week to 40 on a good week....

Anyone else on here have family at ford/johnson control?

Quick Reply: Ford Plant Closing...