Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

First wreckless ticket..I need advise

Old 04-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune
Default First wreckless ticket..I need advise

Ok a few days ago I was getting my girls car dialed (turbo integra) in before I went to the track. So I had Mshue do some datalogging and had the car hooked up to the wideband and made a few 2nd gear passes on a bridge by his house. He uses this bridge often for these purposes. Well I did 2 2nd gear blasts, probably topping out 65sh mph (in a 40mph zone). Little did I know that there was a cop hiding in a corner and saw the whole thing.

So he pulls me over and starts screaming at me and cussing and is very irrate. He didnt have radar so he couldnt log my speed but he was just going nuts and seemed to be very upset. I was being very respectful the whole time.

The last time I got a moving violation was 6-7 years ago and I have never had a moving violation in Virginia (had my va license for 3 years now)

No here is my question to those that have experience with this sorta thing.

Should I let a lawer rape me in my ass and hire them for this since the cop is out to get me?

or

Should I just show up to court and ask for driving school? Even though this cop was pissed with me

or

Go ahead and take the drivers ed 8 hour course before my trial date and just go there and tell the judge this is my first wreckless ticket... I didnt know how fast i was going, and that I took the driver ed course.

Please help me out with this shit..
Old 04-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First wreckless ticket..I need advise

you know my opinion. chances are that buddy will know the cop that was pissed with you btw buddy will have a field day with him not having radar...
Old 04-17-2006, 11:39 AM
miss my 2 wheels

brokemyR1 is an unknown quantity at this point

well im 17 and went to court about a month ago for a wreckless(62 in 35), anyways i was respectful to the cop and when court came the judge let me off with driving school and 6 month good driving to dismiss my ticket. So if the cop is looking to get you it would probably be wise to take driving school and/or get a lawyer to help lessen anything given to you although the cop has no accurate speed on you, it will be your word against his. hope this helps you out and more ppl should be able to give you a better approach to what actions should be taken.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:41 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Just do option 3. Save the money for the lawyer for fines/insurance going up. Your first reckeless, for I assume 65/45 right?

You won't get your license suspended as long as you are polite and respectful in court. Agree with the cop and say you didn't realize you were going that fast. I wouldn't worry about it too much, myself and others have had much worse.

What did he write the ticket for? Did he say he paced you? What was the weather like? Was it a flat bridge or humped? Try and write down as many things as you can remember to go back on while everything is fresh in your mind too.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

I'd start with picking a new location to do your street tuning.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Crv-tec ??

BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK BOOSTED-EK

take the driving class either way.... My dad is a cop and he tells me tell my friends, when ever they get a ticket to go ahead and take that class and it will help you out.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:48 AM
WeShouldHaveShotguns

vinny89GT vinny89GT vinny89GT vinny89GT vinny89GT vinny89GT vinny89GT vinny89GT vinny89GT vinny89GT vinny89GT

When I got my first reckless ticket, I took the preemptive measure and went to driving school before my court date. The judge still took my license for 90days. Good luck.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:48 AM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

What's the code section he wrote on the ticket?
Old 04-17-2006, 11:49 AM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

ib4tl holla
Old 04-17-2006, 11:51 AM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by blah
What's the code section he wrote on the ticket?
46.2-852
and then it says
Reckless driving
Excessive Speed

Quick Reply: First wreckless ticket..I need advise