Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Finding an old car of mine

Old 05-31-2010, 08:45 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud of
Default Finding an old car of mine

Does anyone know where i could find out who owns my old car for free? I also dont have the VIN number
Old 05-31-2010, 08:50 PM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'
Default Re: Finding an old car of mine

yes.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:51 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

no.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

Pyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud of

well where could i find out?
Old 05-31-2010, 09:01 PM
Registered Member

The Don has disabled reputation

How are you going to find out who owns a car you used to own if you don't have the vin number? Why do you want to know who owns it now anyway?
Old 05-31-2010, 09:06 PM
Registered Member

Because i would like to try to buy it back. I know it seems unlogical to not have the VIN but i do not have any document that has it.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:11 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Lets see.....

1: license plates - changed when car was sold.
2: VIN number - dont have it, cant look it up at DMV.

EVERY vehicle my family has owned, we've kept the VIN. Usually as a note of service records or in case subsequent owners decide to bitch about something (JIC). Check your old paperwork for the car like maintenance receipts or old dealership docs to see if you can find anything, because theres no telling what changes have been made to it later on.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:16 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Delbanner
Lets see.....

1: license plates - changed when car was sold.
2: VIN number - dont have it, cant look it up at DMV.

EVERY vehicle my family has owned, we've kept the VIN. Usually as a note of service records or in case subsequent owners decide to bitch about something (JIC). Check your old paperwork for the car like maintenance receipts or old dealership docs to see if you can find anything, because theres no telling what changes have been made to it later on.
if i could find the VIN then where would i look on the DMV website?
Old 05-31-2010, 09:28 PM
Registered Member

The Don has disabled reputation

Im sure you can call your insurance company and get the vin depending on how long ago you had this car registered. Im not sure the dmv will tell you who owns the car now though and give you their address. This is not gone in 60 sec
Old 05-31-2010, 09:53 PM
Registered member

Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi

your old car is probably in the junkyard, along with your memories--time to move along bud

Quick Reply: Finding an old car of mine