Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Fictitious Plates

Old 11-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malakas07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fictitious Plates

Well finally got my first tickets. Bought a truck out in Hampton. Drove it to my Grandmothers parked it to work on the Speedo. Couple of weeks later I got the speedo working and
put plates on it to drive it to the DMV with the plates off of my other truck. Still Valid and registered.

Got to the Buckner DMV Saturday morning around 9:45. Around 10:40 security guard gets about 10 people in front of me and says " Everyone from here and back will have to come back Monday"
Bummed out I drive home from Buckner and one block away from my house I get a blue light special. Get tagged twice for No Inspection and Driving on Fictitious Plates fictitious.

I searched and saw one guy here had the same ticket but he didn't post his outcome. Any of you guys ever been charged with this?
Looks pretty serious. Class 2 misdemeanor with 6 months in jail and up to $1k in fines. Didn't think putting on plates from another vehicle would put me up there with Thieves and Prostitutes.
Got the Truck registered and Inspected the following Monday morning.
What have you guys seen with this type of charge?
Old 11-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Autophobic

CivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fictitious Plates

If you put false VA plates on a car and get caught, your going down, You should have found some out-of-state tags instead.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:43 PM
www.CM-R.net

CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing

Get it register, plated, and inspected. Explain what happen to the judge, he may let you off. Or he may tell you that you were dumb for driving the truck.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Bro'd Out

Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito

Originally Posted by driveahonda
Get it register, plated, and inspected. Explain what happen to the judge, he may let you off. Or he may tell you that you were dumb for driving the truck.
+1
Old 11-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Registered Member

Malakas07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow thank you. You post such thoughtful and informative replies. Spoken from experience I see.

So let me see. I'm dumb, stupid, an idiot and I should've put some plates on from someone I know who has out of state tags. To drive home
from the DMV...........

Noted. Next time this ish happens to me I'll keep that in mind.

Anybody else have any past experience with this type of ticket?
Old 11-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

Originally Posted by driveahonda
thats about all u can do. get everything straight and cleared up before court.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

My fine was only 236 with court fees? Before the laws changed.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:02 PM
c'mon

Dmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to behold

should have just got a trip permit
Old 11-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness

Originally Posted by Dmac
should have just got a trip permit
Trip permit is the way to go. when i bought my car and drove it here from atlanta i did not put any plates on, i just wrote "no tags" on a peice of paper taped it to the car where the rear plate goes. i did not get pulled, but i did buy a trip permit and kept in the car until i made to dmv a couple of days later.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:11 PM
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

Yeah it was not a smart move on your part buy putting the plates on your car. When I applied for a trip permit they said to me, DO NOT put plates on your car. I did anyways because I didn't want to get pulled over in NJ, DL, and MD.

I don't think they are going to throw the book at you for this, get a lawyer to be safe because you definitely don't want to risk it.