Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Failed inspection today

Old 07-15-2006, 07:03 AM
I DONT SPIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1gawd has disabled reputation
Default Re: Failed inspection today

Ce light is not a rejectable item in this area of Va, and that is straight from the Va state police regional office director. The fog lamps however must be wired into the low beam headlight circuit. Randomn usefull info.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:15 AM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

The CEL has been on in my Mazda truck for the last 2 years, and it hasn't failed for that. Its failed for other things though, unrelated to the CEL.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:16 AM
To the future...

Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol

Originally Posted by Chezkers
So I within the past 2 days I got pulled over twice, and got 1 ticket for not having up to date state inspection, thats what I get for going to Canada for 10 days toward the end of June.

Brought it to get inspected today, FAILED because my OEM fog lights dont turn off when the highbeams go on.......... I mean holy crap, go by the book, I told the tech that I have a switch for them to turn off/on bla bla, he didnt care.

So im thinking about removing the switch for my fogs/painters taping my bumper to cover them up hah, or rewiring them.

ba, check engine light is on too, #1 O2 sensor is weak.
sup man just take off the lights or take it somewhere elsr for another 15. what are you driving these days anyway?
Old 07-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Everyday

BlackEJ BlackEJ BlackEJ BlackEJ BlackEJ

Originally Posted by Hart-n-Sol
sup man just take off the lights or take it somewhere elsr for another 15. what are you driving these days anyway?
Holy shit Mike haven't seen you around this place in a while.
-Chris.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

They can be rewired to be "running lights" which exclude them under the same rule as foglights. If you have a friend who is a SI ask him, or I can look in our book tomorrow to see if the law has changed.

Also a CEL is not an inspectable item unless in Nova when they do the emissions test.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

Originally Posted by JKim
Go to another place?
x2... some places are slack, and basically make sure nothing is falling off, while others will walk around with a magnifying glass. Just bite the 15 dollar bullet and go somewhere else.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Going to another place within the 15 days subjects to another 16 dollar fee and the possibility of that inspector finding something else the first one didn't.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:41 PM
muziklounge.com

Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo

muffler shop on holland rd. do it.

ask for travis. nice guy
Old 07-16-2006, 08:44 PM
little family sedan

Naoto is a splendid one to beholdNaoto is a splendid one to beholdNaoto is a splendid one to beholdNaoto is a splendid one to beholdNaoto is a splendid one to beholdNaoto is a splendid one to beholdNaoto is a splendid one to behold

i failed inspection for the same reason. so like everyone else said, just take them off and get it reinspected.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:48 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Si Steezo
muffler shop on holland rd. do it.

ask for travis. nice guy
ban

Quick Reply: Failed inspection today