Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

f20b info

Old 05-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rotaryking has disabled reputation
Default f20b info

hey im just trying to find some info on the f20b cause im thinking about swapping it into my hatch, but i was wondering if it holds boost good, and i cant seem to find parts for the head so would u use h22 parts or wat and how does it compare to the h series
Old 05-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger
Default Re: f20b info

ummm its an 11.1 compression engine, it holds boost as good as a strainer holds water
Old 05-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by vasponger
ummm its an 11.1 compression engine, it holds boost as good as a strainer holds water
that means it hold boost good right lol j/k yea thats what i thought to but just checking
Old 05-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Old 05-22-2007, 09:22 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Don't buy a F20B and boost it...that is the complete opposite of what it was made for. If you want a cheap swap that'll require a lot of fabbing on your part just get a F22B (DOHC non VTEC JDM Predlude motor). You can bolt a DSM turbo kit to it and make ~250whp and 230ft/lbs. The motors only cost around 900 dollars, but you'll need the hassport h22 motormounts and shit for your car since it isn't supposed to go in there.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

alright forget the boost but what about all the other stuff
Old 05-22-2007, 11:09 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

I might be getting my information mixed up with the F22B...however I want to say the F20B is a lego motor where you use F22 exhaust manifold/intake manifold, any B series cam gears, and the pistons/cams/rods ect is all special because it is pretty much a destroked H22, giving it a similar/better bore/stroke then a B16. I am pretty sure it revs nearly to 10k stock, and make 220 crank HP...or is it 205, I don't remember to be honest. I think you'll be limited on what you can do to it as far as internals go. But with 11.2:1 compression you wont need to do much other then get some cams, cam gears, intake manifold and exhaust manifold and a sick ass tune to make some nice numbers. FYI they are made to take 100octain in Japan, so have fun with detonation.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

thanks man, anyone else got any info
Old 05-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

f20b came in an accord Sir
Old 05-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Registered Member

i already know that anyone else no anything

Quick Reply: f20b info