Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

A/F guage?

Old 11-27-2004, 08:57 AM
hybrid hatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
totaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these parts
Default Re: A/F guage?

true, and plus you have to buy one of the M series setups, so why not just get one that has the numeric display?
Old 11-27-2004, 09:05 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Ok....well I wrote to PLX asking them some questions. If it's a pretty basic install I'll go with their guage. I like the digital readout. Greddy's looks beautiful and if there are any install problems with PLX (damn motronic) I'll just go with Greddy's. Thanks guys....I'm still open to suggestion too.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:18 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If you're talking about the round gauge, you HAVE to use it with a wideband controller, because it just feeds from the wideband output from the controller. However, you can get the less expensive controller witout the display built in, and then use the round gauge. I think the AEM one has a controller built in, and it's priced accordingly. $$$$!
Old 11-27-2004, 09:22 AM
HHIC

I know it works with the wideband controller. I'd like to know what all was involved with Greddy's.
Old 11-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by Flite
I'd like to know what all was involved with Greddy's.
Install their O2 sensor in the downpipe and wire it up. Pretty simple.

Where are you installing these gauges? Have you looked at the pods/panels that are available?
Old 11-27-2004, 07:19 PM
sounds like a semi

Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX

I use an Innovative LM-1 wideband...I'm very happy with it
Old 11-27-2004, 07:39 PM
HHIC

Originally Posted by greygti
Install their O2 sensor in the downpipe and wire it up. Pretty simple.

Where are you installing these gauges? Have you looked at the pods/panels that are available?

That's my biggest problem with the Greddy guage. I got a dual guage steering column pod coming that I was going to put the boost guage and possible an EGT guage in. I don't know where I'll put that big ass Greddy guage. My car is going to look stock so I want to keep it sleeper style inside too.
Old 11-27-2004, 08:25 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

That's my biggest problem with the Greddy guage. I got a dual guage steering column pod coming that I was going to put the boost guage and possible an EGT guage in. I don't know where I'll put that big ass Greddy guage. My car is going to look stock so I want to keep it sleeper style inside too.
Are you going all 60mm? Or are you going 52mm for the column pod and 60mm for the a/f? If I were you, I'd get an aftermarket head unit (if you haven't already) as it will make the stereo sound quite a bit better and then go with all 52mm gauges and mount them above or below your new single din head unit in a plate like this: http://newsouthperformance.com/mk4panel.htm
Old 11-27-2004, 09:28 PM
HHIC

The greddy guage only comes on 60mm. The column mounted guages are 52mm. I'd do the single din radio but I'm not doing ANYTHING to my car thats not performance related until I run a 12 on street tires...then and only then will I start doing some VERY minor cosmetic stuff
Old 11-28-2004, 07:25 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

The greddy guage only comes on 60mm. The column mounted guages are 52mm. I'd do the single din radio but I'm not doing ANYTHING to my car thats not performance related until I run a 12 on street tires...then and only then will I start doing some VERY minor cosmetic stuff
The single din is lighter and will help you run 12s. Being able to do the gauges above/below the stereo is just a bonus

Quick Reply: A/F guage?