VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   exhaust ticket (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/exhaust-ticket-43604/)

MegaH_MaN 02-29-2004 07:15 PM

Re: exhaust ticket

it might just be his insurance company, so it would be nice to know what company he has...

NIC668 03-01-2004 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by MegaH_MaN
it might just be his insurance company, so it would be nice to know what company he has...

GMAC

Boostfed 03-01-2004 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by STK CRX
I have gotten about 30 exhaust tickets since in my life and I ahve never had the fine raised unless I went in front of a judge and I have never had my car impounded!

as for the nonmoving violation you insurance company takes your ehaust ticket( or equipment ticket ) as 1 Point on your record!

NO THEY DON'T!!!! It is a non moving violation! If your insurance company is charging you, you'd better call them up and verify with somone else and if they are I'd turn them in to the state insurance commisioner.
ANd tell them you will file a state complaint since this is a non moving violation!

reddevil94 03-01-2004 06:15 PM

they cannot impound your car, for that, you have to do more than that to get it impounded, he is just b/s you! I have 4 Exhaust tickets, 1 Altered Suspension ticket and Was caught racin, but was warned. Not once has the fees gone up, but if you pay late, YEAH!!!!

1htcivc 03-01-2004 07:14 PM

i've gotten 3 or 4 exhaust tickets, not one has gone on my insurance record, they're definately screwing you over

audiophile24 03-01-2004 08:07 PM

i have had five exhaust tickets here in newport news and in hampton hampton is a little bit cheaper on their ticket...i think it was about 120.00 after court costs and all the bullshit they add to the ticket. newport news on the other hand was hitting me in the pocket the hardest they got me for 140.00 each time and i pre paid the damn thing. well i have no cats no resignator just straight 3 inch so maybe it is a little bit obnoxoius but on the other hand i have heard harley davidons four times as loud as my car and in one instance one passed me by while the cop was giving me the ticket and the guy was even getting on his pipes and the cop never even gave him a second look what the fuck is up with that????????

EzE 03-02-2004 04:20 AM

Yea i totaly agree with you guys , i was pulled 3 straight days with an exhaust ticket....in different county's ......and the second time i was pulled was in the pooring down rain i mean one of those spring showers.....and the officer wrote me a ticket and threatend that if he saw me again with the exhaust that he would impound my car...another time two cops pulled me just for my exhaust and this 1 hard ass comes up to me and is like ready to pull his gun cause my car is idiling...and hes like TURN YOUR CAR OFF NOWWWWW!!!! man this is the most worst state i gotta move this state pisses me the hell off for simple shit...ohh yea and last week i was crusing my new gsx with a buddy and i fly by a cop(state trooper too) doing 60-65 in a 45 (whitch i understand was my fault) then the cop pulls me and saysyou were going 76 in a 45 (wasnt true cause i have a radar detector that pickc up everything) whats the hurry and im like sir as you can see i just bought this car and im just now learning how to drive stick and idropped it in 3erd by accident and i didnt mean to and at the same time i punched the gas and hes like ima cut you a break of a life time you take an exhaust ticket and ill let you go!!!....so sometimes having an illagal exhaust is a good thing

lindsey 03-02-2004 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by audiophile24
i have had five exhaust tickets here in newport news and in hampton hampton is a little bit cheaper on their ticket...i think it was about 120.00 after court costs and all the bullshit they add to the ticket. newport news on the other hand was hitting me in the pocket the hardest they got me for 140.00 each time and i pre paid the damn thing. well i have no cats no resignator just straight 3 inch so maybe it is a little bit obnoxoius but on the other hand i have heard harley davidons four times as loud as my car and in one instance one passed me by while the cop was giving me the ticket and the guy was even getting on his pipes and the cop never even gave him a second look what the fuck is up with that????????

Most of the HD exhausts are stock. VA law states you aren't allowed to modify your exhaust -- so it's a lot easier for a cop to tell that a Honda has changed it's exhaust (when it's farking loud and obnoxious) than it ever would be to tell if a HD owner changed theirs. There are enough hondas on the roads for cops to know that they don't sound like race cars stock :)

In other news for those of you complaining about cops writing tickets... they just enforce the laws -- if you don't like them, change them. It's the legislator's fault.