VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   exhaust ticket (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/exhaust-ticket-43604/)

MegaH_MaN 02-28-2004 01:20 AM

exhaust ticket

well i was on my way home this morning(4:30) from a hotel party at the beach and i was making a right onto birdneck to get on the interstate. Well i didnt see the cop and so i drove a little hard and then i see him in my rear view mirror. If i see a cop i usually can go easy on the gas to make it no too loud. And guess what he pulls me over. He says my iexhaust s highly illegal, exhaust is too loud and one of the loudest he has ever heard. Im ok with this b/c i chose to put this exhaust on and i am paying the price. Then he tells me that if i get repeat offenses on thsi charge that the fine will go up and my can even get impounded? I can believe the rising fine but impound? Can someone clarify this for me please. And i am so glad that i didnt drink at the party and decided to stay sober or i would have been in a world of mess if i drove home.

Panda 02-28-2004 04:02 AM

Re: exhaust ticket

Ive been pulled over for exhaust 3 times and the cops all said the same thing and the price of ticket($80) never went up. As for the car geting impounded it never happened but im not saying it cant i think it depends on the cop.

boodussi808 02-28-2004 04:05 AM

some shop getting robbed or a guy getting mugged somewhere........and this cop is writing you a ticket for a muffler.......what a dickhead yo...man just 4 more months and I'm out of of VA.....waiting and sighing....................................

MegaH_MaN 02-28-2004 08:43 AM

well thats va for you...

Josepi 02-28-2004 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Panda
Ive been pulled over for exhaust 3 times and the cops all said the same thing and the price of ticket($80) never went up. As for the car geting impounded it never happened but im not saying it cant i think it depends on the cop.

Agreed. It's a nonmoving violation, standard fines.

NIC668 02-28-2004 01:18 PM

I have gotten about 30 exhaust tickets since in my life and I ahve never had the fine raised unless I went in front of a judge and I have never had my car impounded!

as for the nonmoving violation you insurance company takes your ehaust ticket( or equipment ticket ) as 1 Point on your record!

The Jew 02-28-2004 07:43 PM

This is getting annoying now. I mean, tonight the cops were everywhere, pulling over everyone. One of them heard me exhaust at idol, then ticketed me. Roy, our exhausts are just too attractive to the cops!

MegaH_MaN 02-28-2004 08:17 PM

damn you got a ticket too? bummer.... :(
but we get point violations for exhaust violations?? wtf...
so if you got over 30 exhaust tickets, then youre sayin you had over 30 points taken away??

MA-HALF-E 02-29-2004 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by STK CRX
I have gotten about 30 exhaust tickets since in my life and I ahve never had the fine raised unless I went in front of a judge and I have never had my car impounded!

as for the nonmoving violation you insurance company takes your ehaust ticket( or equipment ticket ) as 1 Point on your record!

I don't think anyone I've known has had an equipment ticket go on to their driving record.

ron2k1 02-29-2004 07:05 AM

if its nonmoving violation they dont take points off you just pay fine, i think