Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

EVO Driving

Old 05-29-2003, 04:29 AM
EVO VIII PILOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frank is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EVO Driving

Good God. Took my new red Evo out on the streets of va beach last night. If you saw me saw..........it wasn't me, I swear.

The clutch on this thing is ridiculously sensitive. But, all was good from there.

Going into second is a little rough. I got on an EVO forum and they told me that that is common and the clutch plate will wear properly in a few weeks to a month or so and all will be smooth.

I'm following the recommended factory break-in period before WOT. So, don't expect a race anytime too soon. Although I walked a civic at 3200 rpm this morning like it was nothing boosting nearly 18psi with minimal throttle pressure. This thing makes me wet my pants.

Check the forum near the opening of 2Fast2Furious. The few new VB Evos will be on display at a local theatre. see ya there.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:16 AM
Registered Member

lookatmy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

GIVE ME A RIDE.. my brother is buying the evo turbo kit for his ex lancer.. doubt it will be the same tho. I live in virginia beach btw
Old 05-29-2003, 07:34 AM
EVO VIII PILOT

Frank is an unknown quantity at this point
Default by the way

if you read my first post up top......its not saw me saw......its saw me stall......but I shouldn't even admit that. The clutch springs up fast as anything......I swear.....but she's tamed now....a bit!
Old 05-29-2003, 08:59 AM
TSSSSSSSSSSS

MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos

you could have edited your orignal post instead of reposting. :shrug: can i stall out your evo?
Old 05-29-2003, 11:48 AM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

that sucks that mitsubishi had to boost 18 pounds stock to make it fast
Old 05-29-2003, 12:26 PM
I'm audi5000.

nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere.

Originally posted by ritz
that sucks that mitsubishi had to boost 18 pounds stock to make it fast
it sucks that v6 camaros were ever invented.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:14 PM
TSSSSSSSSSSS

MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos

i think its badass that a stock motor is supposed to hold that high of boost just normally. i know some motors can handle that high or higher, but 18 from the factory is pretty sweet
Old 05-29-2003, 03:06 PM
Doin' (today) stuff

DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS

i wouldn't imagine the stock motor could take much more boost though. like getting more power out of an S2k without boosting, because it's so well tuned from the factory it will be difficult trying to get much more power out of that power plant without some serious internal work. pushing 19psi is no joke don't get me wrong, but i doubt there's much more boost left in that turbo...
Old 05-29-2003, 05:01 PM
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

Couple points. You don't need to push higher boost to make more power. A t28 at 15 pounds won't make the same power as a t3t4e with the same boost. Also, the evo has plenty of power in it with just a chip. All in the tuning. I think it is kinda sad that every thread here seems to talk about how fast a car goes in a straight line. More to life then just a straight line. The evo is a great all around car. Wish I had one.

Last edited by 98sr20ve; 05-29-2003 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:08 PM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

when your breaking your car in, you arent even supposed to boost it... doh! yea, the sti comes with 14.5 psi stock i believe, but people run crazy boost on that turbo... so i guess its boost controller time

Quick Reply: EVO Driving