Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

ever get the urge to sell your car as you get close to finishing it?

Old 07-12-2007, 06:08 PM
you suck, i know it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)
Default ever get the urge to sell your car as you get close to finishing it?

So as I wrap up my car, after being down for a long time, I cant help but notice the monitary value of it. I have been waiting to finish it for so long, but the idea of paying off alot of my debt is like a monkey on my back every day. I have alot more responsibilitys now compaired to what I had when I started and really want to go back to school. I can afford all of my bills and keep the car, but The idea of just living off my GI bill and a parttime job for a few years is very inticeing.

Is this normal? Does everyone see the $$$ signs when they turn out a finished product?

I know my car is not worth anstronomical ammount, but it is paid off, and the money It could bring would give me a clean slate. I also have my little girl to think about with the ending of my marrage.

I can afford it, but should I?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Registered Member

krazdracer has disabled reputation
Default Re: ever get the urge to sell your car as you get close to finishing it?

why spend all that time and effort just for some money..............
Old 07-12-2007, 06:24 PM
you suck, i know it

Default Re: ever get the urge to sell your car as you get close to finishing it?

for the idea of having no debt....idn I havent decided anything, just wondering if other people think about the same thing
Old 07-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

I know what it feels like. I bought my Durango, lifted it, tinted the windows and put wheels and tires on it and put it up for sale. Although I sold it becuase I didn't need two cars the same thing happened with my last Civic. I put new suspension on it, paint matched some parts, put two different sets of wheels on it and sold it.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:39 PM
round ii

Black Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond repute

Yeaup! The S2000 sat in my garage on jack stands for well over a year. After putting it back on the road I put roughly 1k miles on it before selling it. That includes a trip to & from Quantico (175ish miles each way) and many trips back & forth to Custom Car Care in York County (40ish miles each way).
Old 07-12-2007, 06:41 PM
you suck, i know it

Originally Posted by Black Nugget
Yeaup! The S2000 sat in my garage on jack stands for well over a year. After putting it back on the road I put roughly 1k miles on it before selling it. That includes a trip to & from Quantico (175ish miles each way) and many trips back & forth to Custom Car Care in York County (40ish miles each way).
well I knew you did fool! jeeze

I only saw it done once
Old 07-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute

im doing it right now...i figured i would rather pay off my bills that i have now, get a decent house, and build what i want later on down the road once im situated
Old 07-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Registered Member

M1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the rough

I dunno tom, Id at the least enjoy it for awhile. Ive never built anything HUGE but what I have put my time into I feel more a connection to it. I say keep it for awhile, then if things get tight, go for it. But you've put some time into that thing.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:56 PM
you suck, i know it

Originally Posted by Bandit
im doing it right now...i figured i would rather pay off my bills that i have now, get a decent house, and build what i want later on down the road once im situated
thats how I feel sometimes.

Would It be better to have this now while Im young? Or wait to do things right?

idn, I have alot of deep thinking to do
Old 07-12-2007, 07:11 PM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

idea is to not go into debt modding your car, and this problem is solved.

Quick Reply: ever get the urge to sell your car as you get close to finishing it?