Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Ever been pulled over because of the front tag?

Old 06-05-2003, 05:14 PM
No Name Who?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

Originally posted by LSPinoy
what if there are no existing holes in your front bumper? couldnt you use that as an excuse as to why your license plate it on ur dash rather than on your bumper?
Can't hurt to try I would pay the ticket over drilling my bumper in a heart beat though. If they can't understand that then fuck them.

They've been talking about getting rid of the front plate for a while now who knows whats going on with that.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:17 PM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

Originally posted by Ninety7GSX
Can't hurt to try I would pay the ticket over drilling my bumper in a heart beat though. If they can't understand that then fuck them.

They've been talking about getting rid of the front plate for a while now who knows whats going on with that.
No holes for it or not... it states that you HAVE to have a front plate. Once again though, it doesn't give an angle or anything, just that it has to be on the front bumper.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:30 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

Originally posted by FastX7
No holes for it or not... it states that you HAVE to have a front plate.
It can say that all it wants. If it was my choice I wouldn't drill holes in my bumper. Maybe I'm just assanine.

Untill you get pulled don't worry about it. After then you can think about it. How often does everyone get pulled over for a plate and how many of thoose times were you driving normal at normal hours?
Old 06-05-2003, 06:10 PM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

Originally posted by Ninety7GSX
It can say that all it wants. If it was my choice I wouldn't drill holes in my bumper. Maybe I'm just assanine.

Untill you get pulled don't worry about it. After then you can think about it. How often does everyone get pulled over for a plate and how many of thoose times were you driving normal at normal hours?
I agree that I wouldn't drill my bumper either. It's an assanine law to begin with. Some cars don't come with a front plate bracket or mounting point and they should at least be exempt.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:41 PM
missed....

Cell Cell

they need to get rid of it. freaking North Carolina has no front plate. It is just dumb, people get pulled over from behind, not front. That is all the cops need to see.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:42 PM

AltimaQT95 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a ticket for my license plate in the front windshield, i had to get holes drilled in my body kit to put it on!....brought a picture to court and still didn't get out of it!
Old 06-05-2003, 06:42 PM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

been pulled...if you live near new kent county ...watch out for Trooper Kaplan....cause he wrote me one in a heartbeat.......so yes ...you need one
Old 06-05-2003, 06:44 PM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

o and you cant zip tie it to your mesh grill anymore...it has to be bolted on...so i had to figure a way to bolt it to my mesh grill
Old 06-05-2003, 06:46 PM

Mustang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by FastX7
I agree that I wouldn't drill my bumper either. It's an assanine law to begin with. Some cars don't come with a front plate bracket or mounting point and they should at least be exempt.
C5 is a prime example-how many do you see w/ plates?
Old 06-06-2003, 03:16 AM
Registered Member

Not_Blazin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by 5th Gen
o and you cant zip tie it to your mesh grill anymore...it has to be bolted on...so i had to figure a way to bolt it to my mesh grill
Really? When i had it on my dash i got pulled over in less than a week. But other than that, I've alwayz had it zip-tied... no more problems.

Quick Reply: Ever been pulled over because of the front tag?