Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

EngineSwapInfo

Old 10-13-2006, 11:29 AM
CTR Coming Soon!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond repute
Default EngineSwapInfo

I have a 98 honda civicdx, My friend has a h22 usdm that he will sell me wth 60XXX miles on it, is it worth it to put it in my car money not problem just is it worth it,(money is problem but im not asking for money responses)
Old 10-13-2006, 11:35 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve
Default Re: EngineSwapInfo

Depends on how much he will sell you the motor. Mind you, the motor is just 1 piece of the swap, you have to budget for the supporting pieces.

Plus, you will def. need some stiffer springs in the front but aside from that, h22/civics are beast.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation

if you do a h22 i would get a h2b adapter those hss trannies i hear are junk, plus it would save you from having to cut your floorboard up for the h22 cable shifter if money is no option that is of course
Old 10-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

6spdeg has disabled reputation

if money no option go with k24 k20 frank...

If ?'s or concerns about doing feel free to contact me... I can help.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:19 AM
CTR Coming Soon!

StermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond repute

yeah he will give me everything to do swap. What do you mean I have to cut the floor board
Old 10-14-2006, 05:30 AM
Classified Moderator

Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby

to mount the shifter assy to civic from h22
Old 10-15-2006, 02:59 PM
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation

yes you have to cut the shifter floor or go with the h2b adapter whiich uses a b-series tranny
Old 10-18-2006, 10:10 AM
CTR Coming Soon!

will it be faster than a b-series swap.... like lets say a jdm b16? My friends say its not worth it because it a heavy ass engine, and so much modification, also have to buy new springs
Old 10-18-2006, 10:16 AM
c'mon

Dmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SweRveY
will it be faster than a b-series swap.... like lets say a jdm b16? My friends say its not worth it because it a heavy ass engine, and so much modification, also have to buy new springs
I remember reading on honda tech that the h22 is only 20-30 lbs heavier than a B18. It also would be a good place to ask about h22 swaps.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:20 AM
CTR Coming Soon!

whats honda tech site?