Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Engine Disposal (Jeep 258 I-6)

Old 03-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD
Default Engine Disposal (Jeep 258 I-6)

Where can I "dispose" of this jeep engine at? I have no use for it anymore and it is just taking up room in my garage. It's a pain in the ass to move around since it's fairly large and weighs a significant amount.

I'd prefer to dispose of it somewhere legal vs. somewhere illegal.

Will a scrap yard or Pick-N-Pull take something like this even though it's cast iron?
Old 03-06-2009, 12:00 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of
Default Re: Engine Disposal (Jeep 258 I-6)

honestly Nick, I would just put it under the free section of craigslist, or if you want something for it, sell it REALLY cheap on there....and make sure you state pickup only...but, otherwise, im pretty sure pick n pull will take it...but you would have to bring it to them....
Old 03-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by SPAWN
honestly Nick, I would just put it under the free section of craigslist, or if you want something for it, sell it REALLY cheap on there....and make sure you state pickup only...but, otherwise, im pretty sure pick n pull will take it...but you would have to bring it to them....
That was going to be my suggestion. People will take anything for free on craigslist.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Does it have a rod hanging out the side of it?

Just drop it off at the junk yard, they'll take it.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Make it quick!!!!!!!

Old 03-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by SPAWN
good idea

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Does it have a rod hanging out the side of it?

Just drop it off at the junk yard, they'll take it.
umm actually it's a rebuilt motor with a fairly radical cam in it. The sad part being the dumbshit who had the jeep (to fix) left the head off and the motor is trashed.

Originally Posted by jebsurf
Make it quick!!!!!!!

haha, that would cause some serious damage.