Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Eibach's Pro-Kit vs Sportline

Old 10-22-2006, 06:58 PM
PoNtEeN4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Henryx33 has disabled reputation
Default Eibach's Pro-Kit vs Sportline

I searched the forums but didnt find what i was looking for.

I been to www.eibach.com and read all the specs on both. I actually have sportline springs on my 00 Si. The only thing I dont like is when I make sharp turns I get tire rub.
I want to buy some better springs for my 00 ITR and I'm parcial to eibach. It's got cheap coilovers now and I hate bouncing around.

With the sportline will I get tire rub when I make sharp turns? I've got 205/50/16 wheels
and being as the ITR comes lowered from Factory. Does the Pro-Kit give it a nice drop?

pics would help a bunch

Thanks Guys
Old 10-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Registered Member

VaEBP will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Eibach's Pro-Kit vs Sportline

you will rub with sportlines. the pro kits give a nice drop with a little amount of wheel gap. with sportlines i think youll have wheel tuck.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Bouncing around has more to do with your struts than your springs.
Cheap coilovers that have pretty much the same spring rate front and rear tend to bounce a bit more though, harmonic oscillation and all that stuff.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:56 PM
PoNtEeN4

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Bouncing around has more to do with your struts than your springs.
Cheap coilovers that have pretty much the same spring rate front and rear tend to bounce a bit more though, harmonic oscillation and all that stuff.
I agree. Thats why when I change the springs I'm also putting in Tokico 5way illumina.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

Really depends on what look and performance you are going for. The sportlines are pretty extreame drop and aftermarket shocks/struts are a must not to mention c/c plates if you dont want to run through tires quickly. I'm not sure what the spring rates on the two springs are but im pretty sure the sportlines are stiffer then the prokit which is better for auto-x or open track and will also slam or tuck your wheels in most cases. With the prokit though you wont get as much of a drop as with the sportlines so if you can deal with a little bit of wheel gap then id say prokit unless you really are going to takethe car racing. With the sportlines you may have some clearence(sp) issues with the wheels unless you roll your fenders or possiable some rubbing with your control arms or sway bars at least thats what happened with my car.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:53 AM
CTR Coming Soon!

StermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond repute

buy some cambers
Old 10-24-2006, 03:26 PM
PoNtEeN4

Originally Posted by SweRveY
buy some cambers
Been had them

I think Pro-kit is going to be best for me since im not going to be at the track and I want a nice ride. I can deal with some tire gap
Old 10-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

ya the tire gap will still be minimal, depending on how much of a drop the pro-kit actually does you'll prolly want to get aftermarket shocks/struts with a shorter stroke or else you might get a bouncy ride.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:35 AM
CTR Coming Soon!

StermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Eibach's Pro-Kit vs Sportline

well shit im bout to buy some kyb struts and elbach sportlines

by the way, I want ur car!

Last edited by StermeR; 10-25-2006 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

for buying an ITR and not taking it to the track.

Quick Reply: Eibach's Pro-Kit vs Sportline