Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Eclipse headlight conversion

Old 02-01-2004, 10:03 AM
EzE
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EzE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Eclipse headlight conversion

Im getting a 96 gsx very identicle model to the 97-99 versions !What i would like to know is the stock headlights on the 97-99 eclipse? Are they the same size or a lil different then the 95-96 model cause dont get me wrong the car will look good regardless i just wanted to know if you could convert a set of 97-99 stocks onto a 96 ?

thank you
Old 02-01-2004, 10:15 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Eclipse headlight conversion

www.dsmtalk.com
www.dsmtrader.com

there have to be 9 million posts there on this
Old 02-01-2004, 10:31 AM
I'm audi5000.

nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere.

all you need is the 97-99 headlights and front bumper and it will bolt right on no problem.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Go hokies

Chris95GST is an unknown quantity at this point

The 95-96 are different sizes then the 97-99. You need the front bumper of the same years headlights in order for it to fit. Hope that made sense.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:57 AM
semicolonD.net

eclpsed eclpsed
Thumbs up Re: Eclipse headlight conversion

Originally Posted by EzE
Im getting a 96 gsx very identicle model to the 97-99 versions !What i would like to know is the stock headlights on the 97-99 eclipse? Are they the same size or a lil different then the 95-96 model cause dont get me wrong the car will look good regardless i just wanted to know if you could convert a set of 97-99 stocks onto a 96 ?

thank you

the 95-96 are about a inch longer then the 97-99 ones... you could put the newer lights in ur 95-96 bumper but it'll have a little gap, or jus get a 97-99 style bumper, since you have to take the bumper off to get the headlights out anyways. good luck you on ur new car.. DSMs kick ass..

few helpfull DSM sites...
dsmtuners.com
dsmtrader.com
dsmtalk.com
vfaq.com
Old 02-01-2004, 01:13 PM
Company Man

LoWPRoFiLE LoWPRoFiLE LoWPRoFiLE

I'm planning on getting a 2GB front bumper in awhile or so. Only thing that sucks is that the 2GB headlights fog up a lot, but shouldn't be a problem if you treat them with chemicals b4 the install.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:13 PM
Go hokies

Chris95GST is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LoWPRoFiLE
I'm planning on getting a 2GB front bumper in awhile or so. Only thing that sucks is that the 2GB headlights fog up a lot, but shouldn't be a problem if you treat them with chemicals b4 the install.
What are GBs?
Old 02-01-2004, 07:38 PM
show no mercy

2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC

you can use your bumper with the 97-99 headlights, but there will be a gap. looks better with a late model front end.

edit: someone already said this....damn it.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:52 PM
EzE
Banned

EzE is an unknown quantity at this point

hey you guys are realy giving me help! I really appriaciate it..... thanx alot guys!................now the last question i have is if i do the conversion say i want a aftermaket bumper like the blits for example would the be a differenc in what i should order because i plan on putting an aftermarket bumper on anyways but im not really sure what im going to decide on yet.....but does it make a difference in what i order?.....do i tell the aftermarket bumper company what year my eclipse or headlight style is?

thanx for youe help agian people

how about them patriots over them panthers
Old 02-01-2004, 09:12 PM
show no mercy

2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC

Originally Posted by EzE
hey you guys are realy giving me help! I really appriaciate it..... thanx alot guys!................now the last question i have is if i do the conversion say i want a aftermaket bumper like the blits for example would the be a differenc in what i should order because i plan on putting an aftermarket bumper on anyways but im not really sure what im going to decide on yet.....but does it make a difference in what i order?.....do i tell the aftermarket bumper company what year my eclipse or headlight style is?

thanx for youe help agian people

how about them patriots over them panthers
just ask for a bumper that fits 97-99. thats all they need to know. if they push the damn issue(which they shouldnt) just tell them its a 98.