Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

E/T lowering tricks?

Old 05-14-2004, 03:45 PM
Srsly.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default E/T lowering tricks?

Me and a few others are all going to VMP tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone new any cheap and safe ways to shave off the tenths. I already have the typical:

-Air cleaner removed
-spare tire, jack and 4 way removed
-1/4 tank of gas
-20 psi in the rear tires, 40 in the front
-iceing the intake in the staging lanes
-a good burnout to get the tires warm at the tree

Does anyone know of any other good ways to get a little quicker?
Old 05-14-2004, 04:40 PM
git down on it

judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge
Default Re: E/T lowering tricks?

dont forget to take a shit.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:45 PM
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668

doing a burn on street tires is pointless. Go around the WATER pit. when you do a burn out in the water will put water between the threads and when you stage it will drip down under the tires and you will spin. I was told that..it might be wrong but it sounds good.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:47 PM
ReRegistered User

NSXNEXT is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely take a lumber jack! You'll feel better of course.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:48 PM

beach_XD_ is an unknown quantity at this point

gut your interior. pull the rear and passenger seat if you can. i mean if your lugging 3 people there its kinda hard. keep your gas tank kinda low. take all the change out of your car. remove your floor mats, cds, and anything else that can save a bit if weight. don't snack or drink anything on the way to the track. don't wear your timb's to the track. biggest way to get your times down is weight reduction.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:50 PM
WS6
www.autocross.us

WS6 is an unknown quantity at this point

shallow stage so you can get a running start before the light changes.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:56 PM
git down on it

judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge judge

if you can manage tohold a power brake at the light that might help too.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:12 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by STK CRX
doing a burn on street tires is pointless. Go around the WATER pit. when you do a burn out in the water will put water between the threads and when you stage it will drip down under the tires and you will spin. I was told that..it might be wrong but it sounds good.
I've heard this too, however, I was told that if you do a burnout and avoid the water altogether, this will heat up your tires (obviously) and make them slightly stickier.

Originally Posted by WS6
shallow stage so you can get a running start before the light changes.
Thats a good idea, also are you still supposed to nail it when the last yellow light illuminates? I was told not to wait for the green, go on the last yellow true?
Old 05-14-2004, 06:25 PM
WS6
www.autocross.us

WS6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by XCELR8
I've heard this too, however, I was told that if you do a burnout and avoid the water altogether, this will heat up your tires (obviously) and make them slightly stickier.

Thats a good idea, also are you still supposed to nail it when the last yellow light illuminates? I was told not to wait for the green, go on the last yellow true?
If you are bracket racing, the light matters, go on the last yellow. If it's just test and tune, go whenever you want, timer doesn't start till you break the beam.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:29 PM
Srsly.

Originally Posted by WS6
If you are bracket racing, the light matters, go on the last yellow. If it's just test and tune, go whenever you want, timer doesn't start till you break the beam.
thanks man

Quick Reply: E/T lowering tricks?