Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Dynojet in the Fredericksburg Area?

Old 04-24-2012, 06:01 AM
giggity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR
Question Dynojet in the Fredericksburg Area?

I'm looking to get my car dyno'd to see where I'm at power wise. I prefer a dynojet just because that's the numbers I'm used to seeing and would like to be able to compare. I know all dynos read different, but dynojets are the most consistent being that there is less variables inputted by the operator and thus less opportunity for user error.

Are there any local dynojets in the fredericksburg area? I know at one time there were a few (hybrid, pro-motion, etc) but now those places have shut down and I can't find any local dynojets. I'd rather not have to drive to far away to get it dyno'd. Springfield Motorsport is now American High Performance and they don't have a dyno anymore. Mid Atlantic Performance doesn't really want to do 3 pulls unless he is tuning and I'm not paying $275 for a tune. Any other options around for a decent price?
Old 04-24-2012, 06:20 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Default Re: Dynojet in the Fredericksburg Area?

$275 for a tune isnt bad at all.....
Old 04-24-2012, 06:16 PM
giggity

RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch
$275 for a tune isnt bad at all.....
Eh mustangs are so easy to tune and so many places offer good quality mail order tunes, a dyno tune isn't really worth it. I paid $200 for my mail order tune from one of the top companies in the mustang world. Other places offer great tunes from $75-150. $275 for a tune that will likely not net any more performance than a mail order tune just isn't worth it.

But anyway, anyone know of some local dynojets?
Old 04-24-2012, 06:24 PM
Hellafunctional

Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93

Originally Posted by RCE EATR
Eh mustangs are so easy to tune and so many places offer good quality mail order tunes, a dyno tune isn't really worth it. I paid $200 for my mail order tune from one of the top companies in the mustang world. Other places offer great tunes from $75-150. $275 for a tune that will likely not net any more performance than a mail order tune just isn't worth it.

But anyway, anyone know of some local dynojets?
If I remember right, Ptuning has a dyno in Mannassas. I could be wrong though, so I would have someone verify that.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Registered Member

DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45

HPwerks in colonial beach has a dynojet...not too far from fredricksburg...about the same distance as going to springfield motoprsports, or whatever they are called now
Old 04-24-2012, 06:50 PM
giggity

Originally Posted by Garrett93
If I remember right, Ptuning has a dyno in Mannassas. I could be wrong though, so I would have someone verify that.
Theirs is a Dyno Dynamic... Thanks though!

Originally Posted by DRedman45
HPwerks in colonial beach has a dynojet...not too far from fredricksburg...about the same distance as going to springfield motoprsports, or whatever they are called now
Thanks I'll have to check them out! Do they have a website?
Old 04-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Registered Member

DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45

^yeah they do...its also HP works not werks haha...they do tuning and all sorts of stuff there, and i know they are a lot cheaper than some of the places up here in nova when it comes to dyno pulls

Last edited by DRedman45; 04-24-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:25 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

If you were going to go to Mid Atlantic Performance then you were willing to drive to Richmond, PM FlimFlam .... hes the dyno guy at Performance Auto Sport in Richmond.

Hes tuned cars for many people on here, as well as one of the guys that put a brand new 2011 5.0 on the podium each and every race with NASA as well as a 2nd place finish at nationals.

http://www.performanceautosport.com/
Old 04-24-2012, 08:48 PM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

Excessive Motorsports obv
Old 04-25-2012, 01:07 AM
giggity

Thanks for the posts. I'll have to check out all the shops.

Quick Reply: Dynojet in the Fredericksburg Area?