Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Dyno Numbers for stock LS/VTEC Turbo at DYNOTUNED

Old 09-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex
Default Dyno Numbers for stock LS/VTEC Turbo at DYNOTUNED

Well, trying to sell my car and just wanted to go to the dyno to get some numbers as a selling point for the car. Well called up Terry aka boosturd and we setup a time to go up to DYNOTUNED performance. I have never been there before and have heard about them before as being mainly a place for domestics. Anyways, first pulling in and seeing all the cars putting down like 400+ was pretty cool. Lots of nice cars there!! Well we got on the dyno and all took a guess at what I would make. Here's the setup: stock 95 LS bottom end with a ported B16a head, GSR cams, Type R manifold and Revhard manifold with a TO4B turbo and Tial wastegate and BOV and big ass intercooler. Anyways, My guess was about 250-260 and I was being generous. Terry guessed 230-240.
Well got on and the car made 310whp at just 8.8 psi. We couldn't believe it made that much just at 7900 RPM and that turbo. The guys at dynotuned were even impressed. Well not bad for stuff I had just lying around in the garage and decided to just throw this thing together. Thanks again to Brent and Frank. Very friendly and would suggest their service to anyone. Car ran a 8.0@94 1/8th mile tonight too at just 7 psi.

Dynotuned
549-3966
Old 09-02-2005, 07:48 PM
Banned

KyleVA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dyno Numbers for stock LS/VTEC Turbo at DYNOTUNED

Whoa, that's awesome. I wouldn't have guessed that high myself.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Registered Member

spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex

yeah, me too. Call pulls really hard, I had to turn the boost down tonight at the track cause it just spun all the way down the track with the drag radials even. the turbo is a TO4B and like 54mm trim. Guess the setup is just right, cause it was at full boost at like 4200 rpm. When Vtec comes on at 5500 the tires just roast.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Banned

KyleVA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spooledex
yeah, me too. Call pulls really hard, I had to turn the boost down tonight at the track cause it just spun all the way down the track with the drag radials even. the turbo is a TO4B and like 54mm trim. Guess the setup is just right, cause it was at full boost at like 4200 rpm. When Vtec comes on at 5500 the tires just roast.
Yeah, and we all know VTEC is better than boost. =D
Old 09-02-2005, 08:06 PM
Registered Member

Just saying that the car is at full boost before 5500 and makes a difference. My old setup even though it was capable of more hp the turbo was so big that the amount of lag it had sucked on the street. Turbo might start spooling at 4500. Would of made more than 550 whp but who's gonna use that anyways.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:11 PM
subie newbie

CnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud of

what EM and injectors are you using to tune with?
Old 09-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Registered Member

Don't laugh! I had a FMU sitting around with a 12 to 1 disk and the tune is just a stock Type R chip in a P28. That's it. Was running leaning at around 13.5-14 A/F after about 5500, but Brent and I went with it and never once detonated. Honestly we turned it up to 12 psi to try to get like 330 whp but wasn't happening. At 9psi everything was just right. I have some 310's I was going to put in it, but after tonight at the track why should I. Had a fun time and car feels really good.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Hot Seduction: Vol 1

1badITR can only hope to improve

What kind of exhaust was used, who did the tuning, and how much was it?
Old 09-03-2005, 02:45 AM
subie newbie

CnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud of

thats just unheard of....maybe their dyno was off? :;
Old 09-03-2005, 05:38 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by CnmyTeg
thats just unheard of....maybe their dyno was off? :;
Well that's what I thought too, but I dyno'd 270 on my old setup at like 9 psi and this setup feels better just not as much torque. Also my track times pretty much match the same as the old setup at just 7psi. I trapped 95 in the 1/8th at just 7 psi. That's awesome!! Should be like 117-122 mph in the 1/4 and mid to low 12's.

Quick Reply: Dyno Numbers for stock LS/VTEC Turbo at DYNOTUNED