Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Door Panel Fix? (Leather)

Old 04-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD
Default Door Panel Fix? (Leather)

The leather on my door in the Talon is starting to come off the door panel. Does anyone have any recommendations on who could repair this or even a DIY tip? Here is the picture of what's happening.

As you can see in the pictures, it seems to be just peeling off the panel itself. I wasnt sure if there is some sort of good quality glue that would fix this or not.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Door Panel Fix? (Leather)

That looks like vinyl to me...

But I'd try contact cement to re-attach it with.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by XCELR8
That looks like vinyl to me...

But I'd try contact cement to re-attach it with.
Hrrm... maybe it is. I dunno, is there a way I can tell the difference? It doesnt feel like plastic, it's somewhat soft and very flexible.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
Hrrm... maybe it is. I dunno, is there a way I can tell the difference? It doesnt feel like plastic, it's somewhat soft and very flexible.
If it was leather, it would have a soft, fuzzy side (suede) which would be the side glued to the panel. Vinyl won't have anything like that.

And either way... contact cement is what you need.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:02 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

3M spray adhesive works too.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Srsly.

Originally Posted by MorWokaltinePlz
3M spray adhesive works too.
That could possibly get a little messy trying to spray though.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:52 PM
loves quervo

uglyDC2 will become famous soon enough

CA Glue (cyanoacrylate glue) ... less messy than contact cement and a better bond, available at any craft store
Old 04-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Thanks guys, Ill go dig some up from a store and see what happens.