Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Doing a Paper on Street Racing...need some imput

Old 11-10-2005, 11:19 PM
Pimpin is Easy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT
Default Re: Doing a Paper on Street Racing...need some imput

if the track was nothing but grudge matches and 'street cars only' with no national events it would be perfect and there would be no need for street racing. Of course that track wouldnt make enough money to pay the insurance.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:17 AM
-HUFF-

non-vtecpower has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TheGoaT
if there was a track in Hampton Roads I would never race on the street again.

Richmond Dragway is not far from the 757 area.. During the season they are open for anyone every other friday and sometimes more. You also have Dinwiddie...When i go to the track i race against the clock, Its all about the time.. But on the street it is all about who is beside you. Considering my driving record and the amount of money i have spent on lawyers and fines.. The track gives me about the same feeling of street racing minus the fear of getting caught.. But back in 1999 - 2002 I hardly ever went to the track, The car seen was so fucking fun back in the day, Before the movies and the ricers and people that have made it harder to get away with street racing.. The random parking lots, And racing at a spot til 4, 5 in the morning with no cops, or fights.. There would have to be a track atleast 30 minutes from everyone to even begin to slow down on the amount of street racing. I am at a point where it is just stupid for me to engage in a street race.I have been -22 points on my driving record before and been to jail twice from my cars. Cars are a hell of a drug...
Old 11-11-2005, 03:47 AM
I <3 BOOST

Iceman05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by non-vtecpower
Richmond Dragway is not far from the 757 area.. During the season they are open for anyone every other friday and sometimes more. You also have Dinwiddie...When i go to the track i race against the clock, Its all about the time.. But on the street it is all about who is beside you. Considering my driving record and the amount of money i have spent on lawyers and fines.. The track gives me about the same feeling of street racing minus the fear of getting caught.. But back in 1999 - 2002 I hardly ever went to the track, The car seen was so fucking fun back in the day, Before the movies and the ricers and people that have made it harder to get away with street racing.. The random parking lots, And racing at a spot til 4, 5 in the morning with no cops, or fights.. There would have to be a track atleast 30 minutes from everyone to even begin to slow down on the amount of street racing. I am at a point where it is just stupid for me to engage in a street race.I have been -22 points on my driving record before and been to jail twice from my cars. Cars are a hell of a drug...
I guess some people never learn...
Old 11-11-2005, 04:07 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Use spell check for your paper.

INPUT
Old 11-11-2005, 05:33 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Richmond Dragway is not far from the 757 area.. During the season they are open for anyone every other friday and sometimes more. You also have Dinwiddie......
yes we know, most of us have been to them for years, but for some of us there up to 2.5 hours away or more, and richmond is just a shitball track that i dont really like going to, like you said, they would have to make a track within half an hour of the area for it to make an impact. and friday night racing is some rip off shit, dont know how many times ive been to vmp on a test and tune and payed 15 bucks and had 2 runs, same at richmond, id actually much rather race at the import events where you can get 15 runs in a day.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:00 AM
-HUFF-

Originally Posted by Iceman05
I guess some people never learn...

You have one cam and a automatic.

I guess some people never learn....
Old 11-11-2005, 10:51 AM
Registered Member

KhanArtisT has disabled reputation

Theres lots of different types of street racing, you have people who are weaving in and out of traffic like its a video-game, and the other people (usually more responsible) who race to simply find out whose car is faster. Now usually these people will do it late at night to avoid cops+other cars.

When I wanna race someone I tell them to meet me at X probably after 11:00pm. This is usually at least a 3 lane road, with at least a 55mph spd limit. I am extra careful though, because I'm going to UTI where if I get a big ticket (more than 3 points), I can never work in the automotive industry in my entire life.

As far as the track, then nearest one (MIR) is 1:30 minutes away. Its nice for a weekend thing (Ga$ ticket $, lines, etc.), but not everyday, which is how often I want to race.

If you really think about it, what we're asking for is not much. Some fucking pavement where theres no other cars around. We're not out to hurt anyone, its just a damn hobby.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:05 AM
GAME OVER

10till4Z has disabled reputation

hahahaha

But he still has boost,so its not that bad i guess.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:48 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

haha when are you getting the visit from the guys in blue this time dude? i know they are looking
Old 11-11-2005, 09:51 PM
-HUFF-

Originally Posted by j4k3
haha when are you getting the visit from the guys in blue this time dude? i know they are looking

Shhhh

Last edited by non-vtecpower; 11-11-2005 at 10:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Doing a Paper on Street Racing...need some imput