Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Doing a Paper on Street Racing...need some imput

Old 11-10-2005, 05:53 PM
I Roll Fenders

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia
Default Doing a Paper on Street Racing...need some imput

Hello,

I am doing a paper on street racing and am trying to get a feel for how you guys feel about it and how you think it could be "solved". It is considered a problem by many and risks the lives of people just trying to get to work or go home. In California they have imposed the toughest laws on street racing in the country and have opened a series of tracks and hold numerous events to keep people on the track and off the streets.

My question for you guys is...If there was a local track (this is in general so no matter were you live just assume it's there) would you pay to go there if it was open 4-6 days a week. The track, not to leave anyone out, would include a small circuit track, an open driving park, and a drag strip. The "driving park" could be used for anything, setting up a suspension, drifting, testing the slip angle in your car, or simply to just drive around cones fast. Ideally everything would be sold in timed runs. Assuming you would get 4 drag runs, 4 laps around the circuit track, and 4 3min runs in the driving park (each costing 20 dollars, with an initial 15 dollar membership fee) would you guys be interested? This is hypothetical...I have no connections to get anything like this done....but I need to have actual peoples opinions on this to back up - or refute my own.

Thanks
Stephen
Old 11-10-2005, 06:44 PM
Luxury = Love

Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty
Default Re: Doing a Paper on Street Racing...need some imput

Looking at the nature of human beings if somehting is illegal peopel wil want to do it.
Did you guys know oral sex was illegal in VA?

back on topic:
If a facility like that was provided I honestly beleive that street racing incidents (like 2 wild sentra on aberdeen) would greatly reduce.
Not stop, just reduce.
And the track would make ALOT of money.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

id be at the track every week

and id still "street race" every time i had a chance
Old 11-10-2005, 06:48 PM
I <3 BOOST

Iceman05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Id be at the track every week. and it is rare that i street race even now
Old 11-10-2005, 06:54 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

i dont street race as it is, never really have, well maybe like 3 times int he last 4 years, i know the consequences and am not prepared to pay them. if there was a track real close to me, id be there all the time.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Pimpin is Easy

TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT

if there was a track in Hampton Roads I would never race on the street again.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:47 PM
OG from 2000

SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94

I have plenty of local video since 2000 and opinion about this subject :P
Old 11-10-2005, 10:38 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Originally Posted by Royalty
Looking at the nature of human beings if somehting is illegal peopel wil want to do it.
Did you guys know oral sex was illegal in VA?
Did you know anything other than Missionary is Illegal in Va?

Anyway, thanks for the imput guys. I would doubt anything like this would be around until street racing becomes a public consern. I am pretty sure Fast and Furious 3 will help make it a public consern....God I wish we could prevent that movie from coming out some how.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:54 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

street racing is a whole different sport than track racing... it's like roller hockey and ice hockey.. you can use some of the same equipment, and they are similar.. but they are different enough that one can't replace the other.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:16 PM
-HUFF-

non-vtecpower has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
street racing is a whole different sport than track racing... it's like roller hockey and ice hockey.. you can use some of the same equipment, and they are similar.. but they are different enough that one can't replace the other.

Quick Reply: Doing a Paper on Street Racing...need some imput