VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   del slows??? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/del-slows-128841/)

Tarzan Bakerada 02-22-2006 06:31 PM

Re: del slows???

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Out west for good, at least for a few years until I get my undergrad and masters. We're prepping a RS200 for Pikes Peak this year, and I'm getting a development job for an ECU manufacturer in the next few weeks (using the RS200 for a devel mule).. I wish I could have kep the sol, it's such a fun car to drive around town every day..

what school are you attending if you dont mind me asking?

Fabrik8 02-22-2006 09:19 PM

Colorado State, Fort Collins..

redvx 02-23-2006 12:06 AM

When I had my B18C5 in the del sol, everyone loved it :)

Will Sol 02-23-2006 02:27 AM

I own one now. They are great and fun for just cruising or aggressive driving.

Oh and does anyone have an extra del sol seat, dont care about condition just need the seat pan and bottom rails so I can mount my other S2K seat?

akalei 02-23-2006 03:46 AM

I had one and loved it. :) And for those of you that want to take out your Del Sol seats, be careful when removing them, you can sell them for a decent amount. I sold mine w/ a blue stripe for 350 bucks, including rails and all. Worked for me :D

JamesPrelude 02-23-2006 03:53 AM

Just to get to the original question why people hated it.... I mean... the car is small as anything... but it weighs a few hundred less then my lude... and my cars freaken gigantor next to a sol... heh.. it's just that people in see a car that size as being ultra light and nimbel... and it's just not... but dude... it's just like any car, it has potential... just thought I'd throw in my two cents... and wow.. I was looking at it 2400-500, mines about 2900 with the car being empty... or at least it says so on the title... which i think it's a lie... as I siad.. my cars like the fat kid of the honda world... sel sols.. that's just his chubby little brother... and don't worry bro.. everyone calls my car a chick car too... all I can say is... "Yeah, girls love preludes..." works for me...

Jarrod 02-23-2006 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by JamesPrelude
Just to get to the original question why people hated it.... I mean... the car is small as anything... but it weighs a few hundred less then my lude... and my cars freaken gigantor next to a sol... heh.. it's just that people in see a car that size as being ultra light and nimbel... and it's just not... but dude... it's just like any car, it has potential... just thought I'd throw in my two cents... and wow.. I was looking at it 2400-500, mines about 2900 with the car being empty... or at least it says so on the title... which i think it's a lie... as I siad.. my cars like the fat kid of the honda world... sel sols.. that's just his chubby little brother... and don't worry bro.. everyone calls my car a chick car too... all I can say is... "Yeah, girls love preludes..." works for me...

400-500 is alot of weight, IMO. Fabrik8 already explained why they were heavy.

Originally Posted by akalei
I had one and loved it. And for those of you that want to take out your Del Sol seats, be careful when removing them, you can sell them for a decent amount. I sold mine w/ a blue stripe for 350 bucks, including rails and all. Worked for me

Holy shit. I bought my DelSol's perfect condition for 35 bucks with rails and everything..

hbracer93 02-23-2006 04:38 AM

if you can't find a sol seat just get an eg seat

Will Sol 02-23-2006 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by hbracer93
if you can't find a sol seat just get an eg seat

It will bolt right up no problem?

akalei 02-23-2006 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Jarrod
Holy shit. I bought my DelSol's perfect condition for 35 bucks with rails and everything..

Yeah I had like 4 or 5 people trying to get them from me. I forget where I listed them, I think ebay. Someone drove down from MD to get them!!! I was really happy lol. So,if you need some cash, might want to see if you can sell yours :p