Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

decisions decisions.. whats your input? help me out!

Old 05-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RVAmm has disabled reputation
Question decisions decisions.. whats your input? help me out!

soo i just bought a 95 240sx today.. its got some problems.. but nothing major.. runs great.

heres the deal- its got some pretty bad dents and is a LITTLE rusty on the drivers side front fender and the paint on the hood is peeling as well as a dent on the left side(facing the car) right above the headlight that leads a little bit onto the pass. fender..

the rear of the car is nearly perfect.

okay so with that stated.. lets say i have almost 800$ to repair and what not.. should i just save the 800$ and put like 2-3 paychecks into buying an s15 front end conversion.. which will take care of both fenders hood AND peeling bumper... then have it painted? or should i just buy the stock hood/ fenders and have it painted.. but then later have to save for the s15 conversion/paint (again).. OR just have it painted with dents and shit.. then buy the conversion.

paint isnt much of an issue.. my brothers got friend who paints so ill just need to buy paint

if anyone actually took the time to read that^.. thanks
Old 05-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Registered member

henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26 henryt26
Default Re: decisions decisions.. whats your input? help me out!

like they say do it right the first time. if you are dead set on the s15 front conversion then just save your time and money and do it all at once
if you are open to options then I would scope around for used paint matched parts instead of painting also how bad are the bad dents. sometimes the paintless dent removal wizard will surprise you with what they can do.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Registered Member

yeah thats what im torn on.. because i plan on going all the way with everything i do on this car. im really trying not to half ass it. but like i said the paint isnt too big of a deal cause ive got a friend who paints.. but as for the dents its not like one or 2 huge nasty dents.. its just a bunch of little ones, almost like creases or something.

but ill have to check out that dent remover thing.. havent heard of it. thanks!
Old 05-22-2010, 04:38 PM
goon squad

funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder

oem s14 aero. fuck the conversions. it's a lot more work than you are anticipating. leave the s15 front where it should be. on an s15.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:48 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by funder.bunder
oem s14 aero. fuck the conversions. it's a lot more work than you are anticipating. leave the s15 front where it should be. on an s15.
yup.....s15 front on s14's is dook as fuck. go with the OEM Navan Aero Kit, it's money

edit-

Last edited by The Nisbro; 05-22-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Registered Member

damn.. that is pretty sick.. well shit. lets get some more opinions... throw it out there
Old 05-22-2010, 05:11 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by RVAmm
damn.. that is pretty sick.. well shit. lets get some more opinions... throw it out there
if you reallllllly wanted to do a front end conversion, i'd say swap a Kouki front end on. but like i said before, go with the Navan Aero. IIRC there was someone on here selling the full kit not too long ago. not sure if he sold it or not...
Old 05-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Registered Member

yeahh the more i look up these aero kits the more id rather go navan than the s15 front... hmm. i guess itll come down to availability and prices for the most part.. i think im gonna end up going with aero
Old 05-23-2010, 03:23 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by funder.bunder
yup.

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
yup.....s15 front on s14's is dook as fuck. go with the OEM Navan Aero Kit, it's money

edit-
YUP! damn that's a good find... perfect looking s14.

Originally Posted by RVAmm
yeahh the more i look up these aero kits the more id rather go navan than the s15 front... hmm. i guess itll come down to availability and prices for the most part.. i think im gonna end up going with aero
good call. i understand that you can see a conversion in a couple pics and think it's cool, but that fad died out a few years ago. i still have a thing for sileighty's, but as far as s14 goes, leave it with s14 parts, do it right, and you can't go wrong.

if i were you i'd put the pic nismob14 posted on my desktop and use it for motivation. it's actually inspiring me to make plans for building an s14 track car...
Old 05-23-2010, 08:15 AM
Registered Member

yeah.. if i find it i think thats the kit im going with. ive gotta start finding some prices and shit.. still gotta decide if im gonna hold up on fenders and paint or just end up having to do it twice

Quick Reply: decisions decisions.. whats your input? help me out!