Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

D2 Coilover Suppliers...

Old 04-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD
Default D2 Coilover Suppliers...

Ok here is my situation...

As some of you know, Bandit and I did a little exchange so I could have some extra cash for the closing of my house. So that left me with a 1g AWD Talon.

The time came around, and I didnt really want the 1g anymore so I sold it to another local guy. In the couple of weeks that I thought I was going to keep the car, I ordered a bunch of shit. For example, these D2 coilovers.

So now that the 1g is gone, I have these D2 coilovers that arent doing me any good sitting on the floor. Well about a week after I sold the 1g I found a 1998 AWD Tsi semi local for sale at a great price. So I picked it up...

The 1g AWD D2 coilovers wont work on the 2g. I contacted the company in California that I ordered them from to see about and even exchange. They said they would do it with a 30% restocking fee. Well I paid over $1000 for the coilover setup. So + %30 it wasnt worth it. Plus the 2g set was about $150 less than the 1g setup.

So Im trying to find a company somewhat local that could possibly do a trade with me. I contacted The Speed Factor, and although Martin said he would do it, I dont think he really wants to go through with it. So can someone help me out?

Cliff notes:
I have a set of 1g AWD D2 coilovers. They wont work on my new 2g AWD. Contacted the people I bought them from, they want 30% restocking fee. Their 2g setup cost is about $150 cheaper. Im looking for a company who supplies D2 coilovers that may swap my 1g set for a 2g set.