Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

CNU carshow

Old 04-28-2003, 06:50 AM
www.anchor-room.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UNCLEBENZ has disabled reputation
Default CNU carshow

Just some suggestions for next show:

1. Have all areas clearly indicated by a HUGE sign (Dyno area,
registration, vendor area, food area)

2. Like last October have the cars split by category, at least Domestic & Import.

3. Make Dyno participants pay for Dyno either when they register -or- at the dyno. Don’t' ask: "did you pay yet?"

4. What happened to the raffle drawing you had last year? For the next show, call me I'll get you some Gift certificates for a local chain restaurant, also have all the local car shops (performance and audio) donate their gift certificates. We all love cars, this would be worthy. What do they get -- their name on a flyer, a banner hung during the show.... (They would of course provide it)

5. Ask local shops to donate cash and/or merchandise (if we can all use it) in exchange for advertising. Use the cash for prizes in addition to trophies.

6. Have some type of contest; like a burnout contest would be cool (I'm sure some will disagree here)

7. Give local shops the opportunity to set up a display tent/table to make people aware of what they do and/or sell. Let them sell at the show.

8. Advertise the next show FAR in advance, Make sure that every local board has an ONLINE flyer that's posted at least a month or two in advance. You might want to put flyers in the shops that are helping you with prizes, gift certificates and such.....ultimately they will make people aware that there is a show.....they will be there selling/advertising.

9. Please make sure the judges are somewhat knowledgeable of cars.....who won second place domestic again????

I'm not complaining, just throwing some things out there, I have fun at these type of events, I would like to see them grow in size and popularity. The only way something like this will survive is if it's organized and popular.

The two dyno pulls for $20 is the best things you've got going!!
Old 04-28-2003, 06:59 AM
Registered Member

tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most

I was goin to go to this but it rained so i didnt come out. I wanted to dyno the truck. O well theres always next year.....
Old 04-28-2003, 07:01 AM
Biding time

montman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by tooquick4most
I was goin to go to this but it rained so i didnt come out. I wanted to dyno the truck. O well theres always next year.....
It didnt rain till it was over (like 3 or so).
Old 04-28-2003, 07:13 AM
Biding time

montman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these parts
Default Re: CNU carshow

Originally posted by UNCLEBENZ

9. .........who won second place domestic again????
Rumor has it that it was an oldsmobile Alero??????

Maybe I missed something there?
Old 04-28-2003, 09:36 AM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat
Default Re: CNU carshow

Originally posted by UNCLEBENZ
9. Please make sure the judges are somewhat knowledgeable of cars.....who won second place domestic again????
I tried to stress the same thing before the last one. I'll judge the imports next time if you need someone. I don't think I know enough about pre 80s domestics though to judge that category accurately.
I'm sure if you ask for a judge from this board you'd be able to find some capable people.