Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

City Lights

Old 03-24-2004, 04:30 PM
Awesome.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E
Default City Lights

Alright, my headlights are all cracked up, so I went looking for used lights, came across a killer deal on some JDM EG6 lights, they're cheaper than most of the ones I've seen and they have the plastic cover, so they're less prone to crack. Anyways, WTF is a city light? I'm assuming it's like a daytime running lamp? I don't want daytime running lamps so is it possible to not install them? Will there be a hole in the light or what?
Old 03-24-2004, 04:33 PM
Big Member

cokinut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: City Lights

i believe they are like DRL's. But the bulbs light up yellow. The CTR has em. I'm not sure how they are installed into the headlight housings (drilled in, a separate bulb, or like a dual filament type bulb, etc.).
Old 03-24-2004, 05:58 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

get the carbon fiber ones
Old 03-24-2004, 06:28 PM
bye
dirt the flirt.

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye

get pink ones to match yer paint.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:33 PM
Bimmer Prick

B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU

Originally Posted by brandon
get pink ones to match yer paint.
and your lifestyle
Old 03-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Its my understanding that "city lights" are just those tiny LED lights that are inside the light housing to give the headlight a dim glow during the day and or dusk/dawn. For some cars it actually gives a very cool look. But over all they are useless and I am sure you could just find a gromet to fill the hole that is piloted for them.

I tried to find a good example, but nothing came up.....sorry.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:55 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

nvm...

This M3 has "city lights". They arent as bright as DRL's, but give a low glow. Kinda pointless, but like i said...some cars look good with them and parking lights on. Your call.

Old 03-24-2004, 09:26 PM
MP5
Team Rad Racing

MP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these parts

just hook them up to your parking lights and they will turn on with your parking lights. The 5th gen prelude has the same thing. This picture is blury, but you can kind of see them on dougs prelude.

Last edited by MP5; 03-24-2004 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:43 PM
SSHNIPER

THATS FRESH is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by FlodaSE-R
Its my understanding that "city lights" are just those tiny LED lights that are inside the light housing to give the headlight a dim glow during the day and or dusk/dawn. For some cars it actually gives a very cool look. But over all they are useless and I am sure you could just find a gromet to fill the hole that is piloted for them.

I tried to find a good example, but nothing came up.....sorry.
and...
i wouldnt consider them DRL's. yes they look nice on the 5th gen preludes with hyper white bulbs.. i think 168's,lol
Old 03-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation

Put in amber bulbs to match the corner lens. That's what I did with my SI-r lights and on the CTRs. Just connect them to the parking lights, it's just a sidemarker bulb plug in. I'll show you a pic of it as soon as I find one.

Quick Reply: City Lights