VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Car Parts (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/car-parts-77710/)

gstrbo99 12-21-2004 02:34 PM

Car Parts

Looking for a junk yard to find a mustang for donor parts. If any one knows of any please help me out. Or if you have a 5.0 manual beater that I can take off ur hands cheap lemme know. Has to be between 87-95. Thanks

Shadow 12-21-2004 03:25 PM

Re: Car Parts

Originally Posted by gstrbo99
Looking for a junk yard to find a mustang for donor parts. If any one knows of any please help me out. Or if you have a 5.0 manual beater that I can take off ur hands cheap lemme know. Has to be between 87-95. Thanks

Johnson's Mustang and truck parts 4513 bainbridge blvd Chesapeake
545-8370. Cars are picked over pretty good and prices are a bit high.

HatefulMechanic 12-21-2004 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by gstrbo99
Has to be between 87-95. Thanks

you are wanting an engine/tranny/ECU i assume? cause the fox chassis ended in 93. good luck finding one, most every wrecking yard is cleaned out of them, and if they got one, its pretty worn and high priced.

not to mention the 87-88 cars are speed density.....not MAF

try www.corral.net

gstrbo99 12-21-2004 03:58 PM

actually i already have an engine but i do need the tranny and ECU. Actually i need a manual T-5, steering column and box, speedometer cables, brake cables, drive shaft, rear axl, brakes w/ master cylinder, ebrake handle, and pedal box, ECU, front wheel spindles and lower control arms, radiator and cooling fan w/ shroud, fuel tank, cap and fuel filter, gauge cluster, computer and wire harness, 8.8" rear end assembly w/ quadrashocks, springs, and control arms

HatefulMechanic 12-21-2004 04:10 PM

most of the things you list will need to come from a fox chassis (79-93) not an SN95. the SN95 is five lug (unless you are converting, then it will work) and if i recall, the pedal setup is different, as are the gauge cluster/speedo (fox used cable speedo, the SN95 uses a VSS) radiator may work...the SN95's are electric fan vs. the fox manual fan.

brake lines are different, MC is different, as is the rear end too (i havent seen a SN95 with drum brakes, and i dont think the fox was offered with disc rear brakes other then the cobra)

LCA's should work for the rear, but i am not sure if the torque box mounts are the same or not.

fuel tanks i am not exactly sure on, but i have a different part number for the tank on an SN95 vs a fox.

engine harness is the same, but i THINK there is a slight difference in the car harness.

parking brake lever is different too.

hope this helps.

gstrbo99 12-21-2004 04:21 PM

haha no idea what you jsut said. All i know is that factory five listed the donor parts as the parts necessary from an 87-95 mustang

HatefulMechanic 12-21-2004 04:29 PM

building a kit car i see......

i think their reccomendations are incorrect, but they may work. dont see how.....but they make the car...not me. i just work on them :dunno:

gstrbo99 12-21-2004 04:39 PM

yea i have no idea im new to everything thats just what they said so thats what im doing

The parts listed below are what you will need to take from the 1987-2004 Mustang. The assembly manual includes this list broken down to the nut and bolt level.

1. Engine and transmission assemblies.
2. Driveshaft.
3. Ford 8.8” rear end assembly w/quadshocks, springs and control arms.
4. Mustang front and rear brake assemblies, w/master cylinder, emergency brake handle and pedal box.
5. Mustang front wheel spindles and lower control arm.
6. Mustang radiator and cooling fan shroud.
7. Ford fuel tank, cap, and fuel filter.
8. Mustang steering rack (w/factory ignition for 87-95 cars).
9. Mustang gauge cluster, computer and wire harness for EFI cars.
10. Mustang aluminum wheels (or use aftermarket/vintage wheels).

Shadow 12-21-2004 05:29 PM

If you try to pull these parts from a bone yard it's going to be very expensive and even more frustrating. Most of the parts you listed are in demand so the yards pull them as soon as the car hits the lot. You would be much better off finding a complete car.

gstrbo99 12-22-2004 08:44 AM

aight thanks for the advice