Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

which car?

Old 12-14-2003, 06:14 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default which car?

alright i gotta sell my truck first, but which car do yall think i should go for?

-92-95 si hatch, toss together a junkyard turbo kit..

pros: cheap, reliable, cheap insurance, cheap longblocks in case somethin goes wrong(500 bucks)..

cons: not as good for the winter, takes more to make it quick..

-90-94 awd dsm, a few mods here and there..

pros: fairly quick and responds to mods great stock, great in winter

cons: not as reliable, insurance bites..

what you think?
Old 12-14-2003, 06:18 PM
Wanna taste?

Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt

you need a GTP.
Old 12-14-2003, 06:21 PM
BRB, shark week.

Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible

Originally posted by SLOW_GTP
you need a GTP.
Maybe, but no. Out of those 2 choices.. I'd say Si. Up to you though man. You've already plotted out the good/bad points ... just pick one.
Old 12-15-2003, 04:08 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

The Eclipse would most likely be faster. Go find a few of each, test drive, and then buy the one you think suits your needs a little better.
Old 12-15-2003, 05:14 AM
Blow Me

Stillpushin is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Miles I am gonna have to disagree. He did plot out the points but i don't know how valid they are. You say you are looking for reliable in your civic. If you were to go with a junkyard turbo and nothing else you are not going to be as reliable as you think. Non turbo car + turbo = problems if you can't play with it all the time. Turbo cars react well to turbo upgrades and like you said very well to other mods. And trust me nothing is ever fast enough. I drive a honda but am gonna have to say from the sounds of it go DSM.
Old 12-15-2003, 05:19 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

honda, theyll take just as much time to make them fast because the dsm will keep breaking down on you
Old 12-15-2003, 07:41 AM

OneHardMaro is an unknown quantity at this point

They are both going to be slow.
Get the cheap one and save your money.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:43 AM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

honda
Old 12-15-2003, 07:46 AM
06 blk 636

4nmusle is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you driving it everyday if so the dsm will not work for you!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2003, 09:17 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

nah, the d series hondas are pretty damn reliable up to 10 psi tuned right.. thats around 200-230 whp depending on the setup.. in a car that weighs 2300 lbs it will be fairly quick.. im not lookin for a fast ass car, i have my bike for that

i know what its like, my friend has a 460 whp cobra, ive driven it.. actually id probably be right next to him until 60 mph because he gets NO grip haha..

anyway, ya ive done assloads of research on each and the dsm does have some probs.. i guess ill get whatever i find first.. if i ever even find what im lookin for..

anyone else? by the way ,thanks for the replies..

Quick Reply: which car?