Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Camber kit + Azenis = AHHHH

Old 11-24-2003, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers
Default Camber kit + Azenis = AHHHH

Ok, So i bought 205/50/15 Azenis and some Rota 15'' Slips with new ST springs (2.25front / 2.0 rear). Put everything on and my damn Ingall Camber kit (only on front) makes my rims+tires stick out a TON so it rubs on my FENDER. Im thinking about removing the camber kit and get it aligned, but im worried about camber wear.

Should I be fine with no camber kit and a good alignment?

Oh yeah here some pics and I just got GSR seats with my FUGLY blue interior

Old 11-25-2003, 04:19 AM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

Well it depends on how much camber you'll run without the kit. I know of plenty of Civic owners that have lowered their cars and aren't using any camber correction, you see a lot of them at
auto-x's.

Personally I've run as much as -3 degrees up front on the street, but tire wear was a little bad. I'm right around -2 now and I run Azenis for auto-x and I haven't noticed any inside tire wear because of it. As long as your toe angles aren't all jacked up you should by good. Keep in mind though that Azenis are a soft compound so they will wear faster than your average tire.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:31 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

I saw you driving on 264 about a week ago. I was in the red 2 dr coupe with the hubcaps.

Anyway, have you adjusted the camber with the adjustment kit on an alignment rack yet? The kit can be a very valuable tool when handling and tire wear are of a concern.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:53 AM

Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers

Originally posted by 0psi
I saw you driving on 264 about a week ago. I was in the red 2 dr coupe with the hubcaps.

Anyway, have you adjusted the camber with the adjustment kit on an alignment rack yet? The kit can be a very valuable tool when handling and tire wear are of a concern.
oh w/ the rsr exhaust?
Old 11-25-2003, 01:44 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Actually it is a stock ITR catback, but yes.

Also, what offset are the wheels you bought?
Old 11-25-2003, 02:24 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

camber doesn't kill tires nearly as much as toe does.
Old 11-25-2003, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668

Originally posted by soulDistortion
camber doesn't kill tires nearly as much as toe does.
true

But you need the camber kit to do the alignment at leatse to get the angles were you need them. There are other ways to align a car without camber kits but that would mean some grinding and what not. Keep the kit and take you car to BERTS ALIGNMENT they are bit pricey but they do good work!
Old 11-25-2003, 07:09 PM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

Originally posted by STK CRX
true

But you need the camber kit to do the alignment at leatse to get the angles were you need them. There are other ways to align a car without camber kits but that would mean some grinding and what not. Keep the kit and take you car to BERTS ALIGNMENT they are bit pricey but they do good work!
yea i went to BERTS ALIGNMENT shop and he did an awesome job on my car. it cost me $280 for front and rear, but it's worth it cuz my camber was really bad. my tires wear normally now. i had falken's and the insides wore so bad they wouldn't pass inspection, so yes you do need some sort of camber adjustment (also depending on how much you lowered your car).
Old 11-26-2003, 03:13 AM
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668

=)
Old 11-26-2003, 06:01 AM
Asshole Supreme

Shit, screw Berts pricing. Come on down to StateLine Honda and ask for Scott in parts or Ben in service and we will get you right for a bunch cheaper. Trust me.

Quick Reply: Camber kit + Azenis = AHHHH