Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

C7 Corvette - Revealed tonight @ 7PM - Live Feed

Old 01-13-2013, 05:21 PM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Re: C7 Corvette - Revealed tonight @ 7PM - Live Feed

I love it... fuck retro... this is a bad bitch with killer engineering all for around $50k. Good job GM... thanks for putting our money to good use
Old 01-13-2013, 05:24 PM
Registered member

valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1

I've spent 30 minutes looking and reading about it and my mind has changed quite a bit. Being a huge Viper fan I really thought it stole the whole front end from the SRT. However a lot of tech and form following function has been included in the car. While I still think there are way too many vents and much contrast inside and out, it's a giant improvement over the current model. I do think http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18bf...g/original.jpg would have looked better(painted top and a pillars). The non round tail lights and the chrome front grill look very odd, but not every Corvette shown has the grill that way. The interior is a huge step forward, but I feel like they just waited for the Viper to show itself and then copied it. 7 speed tranny, digital gauges, and much improved V8? Awesome.

The video from Chevy showed that they really wanted to go in a different direction with this car, and while I'm not sure it's the right direction, I like the car itself. Great sports car, not a great Corvette,

Last edited by valdaviper1; 01-13-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:25 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
I love it... fuck retro... this is a bad bitch with killer engineering all for around $50k. Good job GM... thanks for putting our money to good use
Really? I never knew you like Corvettes, is this a new thing?

Old 01-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Now drives a SWagon

Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi

Originally Posted by POS DSM
7 speed manual? wut
Name:  LrsTa.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  90.7 KB
Old 01-13-2013, 05:43 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by valdaviper1
I've spent 30 minutes looking and reading about it and my mind has changed quite a bit. Being a huge Viper fan I really thought it stole the whole front end from the SRT. However a lot of tech and form following function has been included in the car. While I still think there are way too many vents and much contrast inside and out, it's a giant improvement over the current model. I do think http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18bf...g/original.jpg would have looked better(painted top and a pillars). The non round tail lights and the chrome front grill look very odd, but not every Corvette shown has the grill that way. The interior is a huge step forward, but I feel like they just waited for the Viper to show itself and then copied it. 7 speed tranny, digital gauges, and much improved V8? Awesome.

The video from Chevy showed that they really wanted to go in a different direction with this car, and while I'm not sure it's the right direction, I like the car itself. Great sports car, not a great Corvette,
Both cars had been in development for years... I'm sure any similarities in the front end and interior (and there are a few) are purely coincidental.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Registered member

valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1

Very true, but still pretty similar. Right down to the LED lights in the same place. Can't wait for the comparos. As much as I love the new Viper, I think it'll have its hands full with this Vette.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:57 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Hey look...a Ferrari
Old 01-13-2013, 05:59 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by valdaviper1
... I like the car itself. Great sports car, not a great Corvette,
actually, I have to agree with that, 110%. Well put.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:29 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Corvette C599

Old 01-13-2013, 06:38 PM
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

Quick Reply: C7 Corvette - Revealed tonight @ 7PM - Live Feed