Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

C7 Corvette - Revealed tonight @ 7PM - Live Feed

Old 01-16-2013, 06:56 AM
BACON!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PhillyLS1 PhillyLS1 PhillyLS1 PhillyLS1 PhillyLS1 PhillyLS1 PhillyLS1 PhillyLS1 PhillyLS1 PhillyLS1 PhillyLS1
Default Re: C7 Corvette - Revealed tonight @ 7PM - Live Feed

My Grand Sport has been flawless. I don't beat on it that much, but it hasn't had any issues.

However my 1st base 09 C6 was a lemon that GM bought back. WATER leaked from under the dash. The trans grinded every time it got below 40 degrees. And I'm not talking about notchy. I'm talking gears gnashing. The top "popped" when going over humps. I mean I could go on and on.

I have a problem with the 285's on the C7 because Vettes (C6's, I've never owned a C5) are pretty tail happy. I've downshifted to pass people and somehow I was staring at the highway divider. The ASC (or whatever you want to call it) saved my puckered ass.

I was at SEMA this year. I walked around with a company interested in being installed at the dealer. Which Dodge is now heading to due to their PCM control. Anyway, the engineers for GM is partially what swayed my opinion about the car and specifically the new LT1.

There is a rendering of the C7 with round tail lights and it changes the whole car. At least in my mind. I love the front of the car, but I also love the Viper. The interior I know is going to be a problem.

Cobra4B... theory craft with me for a second. You're the head of one of the biggest car companies in the world. You have YEARS to get a C7 to the NAIAC. What you bring out to the world has shit-fitting parts, swirls in the paint and looks nothing like the renderings the press is releasing.

My Mustang's interior is nicer than my C6 man. My buddy's Focus's interior is nicer than my C6. I've worked on Camaro's that need the DOD swapped out and it is a MASSIVE PITB. The car doesn't appeal to me. The way GM is going doesn't appeal to me. My bitching on CF is my frustration with a company that used to serve me well during the 90's and went to hell (with the exception of the CTSV-2) with generally all their products.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

1. GM had a "tire shootout" between Michelin and Goodyear. Michelin won. The engineers who developed the run-flat tire for the ZR1 worked directly with GM engineers to develop a new tire for the C7. I don't know the specifics other than they say it'll out perform the larger tires on the Grand Sport in every metric.

2. I've owned four C5s... never any major issues with any of them.

3. I agree that you'd think the car taken to the reveal would be perfect, but it's still pre-production and shit happens... wouldn't stop me from buying one and wouldn't make me judge the entire company/car/development team. I've been to the plant in bowling green a few times and it's quite amazing to watch them come together from a pile of parts.

4. IMO the only thing ever wrong with the C5/C6 interior has been the seats. They were geared too much for road trip comfort vs. lateral support. Yes the "parts bin" radio in the C5 was rather bleh and the original '05 "dough boy" steering wheel was ugly. That said, a C5 with a double-din center console and some nice seats looks great to me. The later 2008+ C6 with the black center console trim looks nice too.

End of the day they only have so much development money... I'd rather them put it in the chassis and drivetrain first and interior 2nd.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:43 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Maybe they give the Corvette special treatment, but every GM product I've worked on (trucks) has been an utter pile of crap. Shit, I just got a new AC Delco speed sensor...made in China.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

The two lines in the trunk are kind of odd, but overall I love it. For some reason the fender sperm is missing.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:33 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

gah, this thread tl;dr.

it's not surprising in the slightest to get about a 90/10 hate/love ratio with a new reveal on this site. i still recall the exact same type of response to the s2000, 350z, fr-s/br-z, the list goes on.

visual aesthetics are subjective; even retards on this site understand that. my thoughts are gm killed it with this car. it's gorgeous. and it will perform. sub-4 second 0-60? that space was reserved for $200k supercars until like, now. the interior is just a bonus if they get it right. sheer value, this trumps ANYTHING on the market.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:08 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Am I the only one who thinks this thing is fucking hideous?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch
I agree. The coupe definately looks better than the vert though.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Now drives a SWagon

Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi
Default C7 Corvette - Revealed tonight @ 7PM - Live Feed

I know its been said,but I like it as a car

Not as a Corvette
Old 01-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Fanboi

Originally Posted by blackout
gah, this thread tl;dr.

it's not surprising in the slightest to get about a 90/10 hate/love ratio with a new reveal on this site. i still recall the exact same type of response to the s2000, 350z, fr-s/br-z, the list goes on.

visual aesthetics are subjective; even retards on this site understand that. my thoughts are gm killed it with this car. it's gorgeous. and it will perform. sub-4 second 0-60? that space was reserved for $200k supercars until like, now. the interior is just a bonus if they get it right. sheer value, this trumps ANYTHING on the market.
Oh really? C5 Z06 does it in 3.9... back in 2001. Before they had to start making cars heavier and heavier and heavier. Well all know 0-60 times are the most important metric of a car's performance too.

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch
Oh yeah... well your mother's a whore!

Originally Posted by Dough_Boy.
I agree. The coupe definately looks better than the vert though.

Originally Posted by Z33_Taxi
I know its been said,but I like it as a car

Not as a Corvette
Old 01-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Fanboi

Quick Reply: C7 Corvette - Revealed tonight @ 7PM - Live Feed