VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   A/C (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/c-102727/)

revlimiter 07-29-2005 01:03 PM

A/C

Ok i cant deal with this heat anymore, ive got what i think to be a bad compressor in my car, and a good (from what ive been told) one sitting at home. Where can i go to get this A/C fixed, and how much is it?

....AJ.... 07-29-2005 01:04 PM

Re: A/C

I took mine to tune up plus on warwick blvd. I dunno where you're located though. I think it was like 200+ to get it all done.

revlimiter 07-29-2005 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Assassin
I took mine to tune up plus on warwick blvd. I dunno where you're located though. I think it was like 200+ to get it all done.

what all did they do? Put it in, recharge it? Im thinking if my compressor IS fine.. maybe it just needs to be recharged.. I live in Chesapeake

....AJ.... 07-29-2005 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by revlimiter
what all did they do? Put it in, recharge it? Im thinking if my compressor IS fine.. maybe it just needs to be recharged.. I live in Chesapeake

Oh they put in the new one and added freon. They also did a vacuum test or something. They checked to make sure it was holding pressure and wasn't leaking freon. A/C was ice cold after that. :thup:

This is in the Newport News/Denbigh area.

RepairMan 07-29-2005 07:24 PM

Recharging a r134a system will cost you under 20 bucks for a can of coolant with the hose and guage already attached. If that doesn't work you should expect to pay more for a trained tech to use his expensive tools to diagnose and fix your system.

revlimiter 07-29-2005 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by RepairMan
Recharging a r134a system will cost you under 20 bucks for a can of coolant with the hose and guage already attached. If that doesn't work you should expect to pay more for a trained tech to use his expensive tools to diagnose and fix your system.

know anyone around the 757 that can do it?

luckyindychild 08-03-2005 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by RepairMan

no no no, dont do this, dont just get a can of refrigerant (r134a or r12) which ever it may be. If your system has been opened you have to put a vacuum on it, it pulls the moisture that has entered the system, and plus it helps to find any leaks, and that can stuff is shit, i have worked on many a/c systems that someone has put it in ,because they thought they were low on refrigerant and they over added. Your best bet is to take it to a trained tech.

HORNY4ZORNY 08-03-2005 05:16 PM

if your local i'll check it out for free and tell you what needs to be done...if it just needs to be recharged i'll tell you what to buy and i can recharge it for a case of beer, lol

yes yes im certified