Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

A/C

Old 07-29-2005, 01:03 PM
ded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
revlimiter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A/C

Ok i cant deal with this heat anymore, ive got what i think to be a bad compressor in my car, and a good (from what ive been told) one sitting at home. Where can i go to get this A/C fixed, and how much is it?
Old 07-29-2005, 01:04 PM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....
Default Re: A/C

I took mine to tune up plus on warwick blvd. I dunno where you're located though. I think it was like 200+ to get it all done.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:06 PM
ded

Originally Posted by Assassin
I took mine to tune up plus on warwick blvd. I dunno where you're located though. I think it was like 200+ to get it all done.
what all did they do? Put it in, recharge it? Im thinking if my compressor IS fine.. maybe it just needs to be recharged.. I live in Chesapeake
Old 07-29-2005, 01:14 PM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Originally Posted by revlimiter
what all did they do? Put it in, recharge it? Im thinking if my compressor IS fine.. maybe it just needs to be recharged.. I live in Chesapeake

Oh they put in the new one and added freon. They also did a vacuum test or something. They checked to make sure it was holding pressure and wasn't leaking freon. A/C was ice cold after that.

This is in the Newport News/Denbigh area.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:24 PM
none

RepairMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Recharging a r134a system will cost you under 20 bucks for a can of coolant with the hose and guage already attached. If that doesn't work you should expect to pay more for a trained tech to use his expensive tools to diagnose and fix your system.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:27 PM
ded

Originally Posted by RepairMan
Recharging a r134a system will cost you under 20 bucks for a can of coolant with the hose and guage already attached. If that doesn't work you should expect to pay more for a trained tech to use his expensive tools to diagnose and fix your system.
know anyone around the 757 that can do it?
Old 08-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

luckyindychild has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by RepairMan

no no no, dont do this, dont just get a can of refrigerant (r134a or r12) which ever it may be. If your system has been opened you have to put a vacuum on it, it pulls the moisture that has entered the system, and plus it helps to find any leaks, and that can stuff is shit, i have worked on many a/c systems that someone has put it in ,because they thought they were low on refrigerant and they over added. Your best bet is to take it to a trained tech.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:16 PM
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY

if your local i'll check it out for free and tell you what needs to be done...if it just needs to be recharged i'll tell you what to buy and i can recharge it for a case of beer, lol

yes yes im certified